weird noise on startup??:confused:

tommy2008cupra

right well on coldstartups i get this noise its hard to describe kind of like a sqealing noise initially whilst it starts then if you rev it for the first minute or two whilst it warms up it does it then aswell, i thought it was alternator belt or pulley at first which was replaced today and still makes it only on cold startups when it is warm no problems at all boost fines etc, the only thing i can think of is cracked ths exhaust mani as i imagine it would close when hot? any ideas? or anyone experienced this before?:shrug:

tommy2008cupra

well after more searching it think it is possibly the sai pump is fooked but still could do with some ideas as it dont sound good at all on cold startups

tommy2008cupra

does yours make a screeching noise on cold starts mate? i know about the revs etc thats just the choke, i think it may be related to sai guna rip out out tommorow

tommy2008cupra

ye mine does kinda make that noise on really stone cold startups for a sec, a whistle sound lol? i guess il have to find out tommorow when i rip it out?

tommy2008cupra

na thing is i know it isnt i replaced it today (alternator belt) along with tensioner, and we dont have fan belts :)

tommy2008cupra

just noticed in your pic you got now front grill at all to

tommy2008cupra

true i replaced mine recently with t bolt clamps mikalor ones

tommy2008cupra

shouldnt do anyway mate but had one pop off recently it was the worst so dont want it to happen again lol back on topic anyway any more ideas or thoughts???:think:

Oct 2, 2006
Tommy its probaly the SAI pump squealing, order yourself a Forge SAI blanking plate and remove it all. You may get an EML for this I get it roughly about every couple of weeks but clear it with my scangauge. Would love to know what resistor it is to stop the EML completely.

tommy2008cupra

ye i got eml for evap anyways, i think it is 330ohm (someone will hopefully correct if im wrong lol) or something the same as n249 etc i hope it is sai pump removing it tommorow anyway, also egr is blanked of with vacuum hose and bolt atm

tommy2008cupra

hmmmm could be, did it make the noise when you rev in like the first minute of starting from cold riko?

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Nope cos thats not good for the engine! lol. No I changed mine before it got too bad tbh, made the noise for about 2 or 3 seconds after turning it over. Does yours kinda sound like a fan belt?

dave_6

Apr 26, 2005
Essex
sounds like a hair dryer really, as thats kind of what its doing anyway, sucking and then blowing air!

mine is nice and loud and yea its a pain when it does come on

Got an EML for mine aswell, tried removing it with the resistors and backing plate and still got the EML coming back, so tried a different pump I had and still get the EML, all vac lines and pipes seem secure with no leaks, even the one to the SAI valve thats a common one to go

are you getting the EML on yet? the pumps sometimes get moisture in them I think and then start to corrode, really need to take my spare apart and see how it looks and if I can do anything with it

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.