Wha att MPG you getting from your 1.8T?

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
mine has seen 34 on a motorway before, but i wouldnt say i have massive torque, and i certainely dont hang around thats for sure......

*sos to go off topic but cupragaz what colour you done your wheels?, look suspiciously like bright silver, like mine...... ;-)8

standard colour at the minute, getting them refurbed when the weather picks up and when ive made a decision of which colour to have them. sorry to hear about the car mate, my mate went through what you are a couple of years ago and has never been interested in cars since, hope it doesnt put you off.

turbin

best numbers Ive seen was 0.68L/10km in slow traffic in 6th gear. 5 hr trip. Normally I get 1.3L/10km in rather sporty driving

J0N

Defected!
My LCR with Custom-Code Phase 1 and I only ever use V-Power does around 27mpg going to work and back which is a 35 mile round trip on some pretty cool back roads and a bit of duel carriageway. On the school runs which are about a 14 mile round trip through town I get about 24mpg. The highest I've seen were on a run up North on the A1 and I got about 35mpg iirc but I was'nt hanging about. When I'm set to 'current mpg' I've been down to 5mpg on full boost. Just for the record the Missus has a 54 reg Audi A3 2.0 FSi Sport (petrol) which only really does the school runs and that only gets around 24mpg but she uses the cheapest petrol she can find, cos' she's a woman and won't listen.

BlackLeon

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
I dunno what mpg but for 20 litres i used to get 120-125 miles tops doing my work drive (about 8 miles averaging about 55mph) now i've moved and the work drive is 35 miles, 70-75mph and i'm getting more like 140-145 miles :) happy days!

xr2turbo

Nov 30, 2009
norfolk
mine is getting about 350 to a tank doin school runs or about 7 miles each way and the odd trip to the big city or local town, we do a tank a week!!

im shocxked ho wbad it is as it very rarely shows any boost, i went out today and only came on boost twice both overtaking of slow arses

missus drives it very lightly with no foot down

i may get shot if its gonna be like this tbh, i could run a 300nag evo4 for the same or less with the same insurance tax and all the rest just dropping a year or 3 on the reg

wurzel

Jun 2, 2003
East Anglia
Visit site
I run mine on bog standard waitrose 95 ron. Normally get in the high 30s / low 40s on a daily 160 mile commute.

I've noticed it drop a little in the recent cold weather thou.

Funkyfin2000

Black Leon Cupra R 280bhp
Oct 6, 2005
Stafford, Staffordshire
Ahhh and it begins Timbo! The ever craving to get more MPG out of a petrol guzzling motor! LOL!

It won't happen!!! should have stuck with the punto or got a derv if you wanted that! LOL

Any how, I would suspect you do short journeys which is the major contributury factor to the issue of lowish mph. Remember to reset your second MAF computer and see what average that comes out over a tnk and then use that to measure the miles aswell.

Think yourself luck though, my LCR averaged 19MPG on Christmas day and did 260miles to a £60 tank of Super Unleaded.

I use Tesco Super in mine all the time (get points of course ;)) and I also use Shell Vpower if no Tesco about when buying (also get Vpower points!)

I don't think you will see a massive difference in MPG with the super, it could be worth realligning your throttle bodies too but doubt that will make much difference personally.

Rich

trevorb33

Dec 30, 2009
get a good 40 on a run to work bout 400miles from a tank, goes down to anything from 250miles and 25+mpg round town, i love the 1.8t's

cupramat

Mar 11, 2009
i get about 26-28mpg runnin around town n when i on the motorway i get about 28-38mpg

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
When I'm set to 'current mpg' I've been down to 5mpg on full boost.

I dont think the trip computers will read below 5mpg - in first second and third at full throttle it reads 5mpg... I presume its doing more like 2-3 in first by that reckoning!

My LCR stock used to average 25-26mpg over a few thousand miles, just been remapped by Forge and now seems to be averaging more like 30 (unless I put me toe down obviously!) although I've had a few long runs back up to Huddersfield from Warminster, so time will tell if its going to be any better with my usual driving!

And with regards to the petrol debate, I have always used as high octane as is available.

No Shell garages near us in Warminster, and the Tescos nearby dont do the 99 stuff, only 97.

Don't rate BP ultimate at all - twice the price of standard 95 octane, and its only 97 octane...

Usually I stick to Sainsburys 97 as it's only about 106.9 at the moment! cheapest 97 I've seen around... incidentally dunno how many people use it but petrolprices.com is a brilliant website - can search for cheapest super unleaded on there as well!

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
yep, anything that saves money is good by me! its quite surprising to see how much of a difference there is locally aint it!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members