EXEO4 and cabrio versions soon!!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Suicide IMO

Nobody wants 4wd anyway [in the UK], and it won't suit the fleet image that SEAT are pushing the Exeo in - increased emissions & poorer fuel economy

Not sure on the Cabrio either - won't people just think they're getting a rebadged A4?

I don't like the quick & dirty approach to new models... Will they just get us a VW Golf Mk5 and call it the Mk3 Leon?

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
if anything, an AWD version will probably only be on sale on the continent as in the past there was a 4WD mk1 Leon released in Europe and not UK

Cupramax

Uber pimp meister
Aug 1, 2001
Not sure on the Cabrio either - won't people just think they're getting a rebadged A4?

Not a bad idea if you ask me, I've been expecting this to appear... I've run mine for 4 years now and looking at how they've pushed up the prices for the A5 cab I really cant justify how I have to spend 40k to get an A5 cab to the same spec of my existing A4 which cost just over 30.

I'd seriously look at getting one if the pricing was right.

Poverty

Suicide IMO

Nobody wants 4wd anyway [in the UK], and it won't suit the fleet image that SEAT are pushing the Exeo in - increased emissions & poorer fuel economy

I don't like the quick & dirty approach to new models... Will they just get us a VW Golf Mk5 and call it the Mk3 Leon?

SEAT are only using the old audi car cause they wanted to get into this segment asap and using the old A4 was the quickest way. Next gen exeo will be a real SEAT product.

Leonidas

SEAT are only using the old audi car cause they wanted to get into this segment asap and using the old A4 was the quickest way. Next gen exeo will be a real SEAT product.

I read that somewhere all right. That means the Mk2 Exeo will have some flair and the current one mightn't last the long!!!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK

You're telling me like I didn't sit in the Press Launches :)

But surely by using the A4 Cab, that's a quick way in

And the Q7 could be a quick way into SUV

And the TT could be a quick way into Coupe

All too easy to get into old model syndrome?

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
You're telling me like I didn't sit in the Press Launches :)

But surely by using the A4 Cab, that's a quick way in

And the Q7 could be a quick way into SUV

And the TT could be a quick way into Coupe

All too easy to get into old model syndrome?

Sounds just like Richard Porter's column in this month's evo...

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
I'd definatley go for a 4x4, hope it looks decent though and they don't go for the jacked up look (although that can look good too if done right)

cardhold

Exeo4 + S3 engine

The Exeo4 with the 260bhp engine from the S3/TTS/Cupra R etc.. would be interesting. The VW group only seem to use this engine (in this state of tune) in its smaller models, any reason why it can't be used in a Exeo/A4 sized saloon?

I like the Cupra R but the interior and lack of all round visibility is a big problem.

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
The Exeo4 with the 260bhp engine from the S3/TTS/Cupra R etc.. would be interesting. The VW group only seem to use this engine (in this state of tune) in its smaller models, any reason why it can't be used in a Exeo/A4 sized saloon?

I like the Cupra R but the interior and lack of all round visibility is a big problem.

Not 100% up on these things but I think the 260bhp engine is a transverse unit and the Exeo/A4 use a longitudinal engine - I may be wrong though :confused:

Would be nice though!

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Not 100% up on these things but I think the 260bhp engine is a transverse unit and the Exeo/A4 use a longitudinal engine - I may be wrong though :confused:

Correct, although I'm not sure how difficult it would be to rotate it through 90'...... :confused:

Would be nice though......

But I reckon if they do go ahead with a 4wd version, then they'll probably use something like the B7 S4 engine..... :drool:

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Hence why I think Seat might apdot it for the Exeo.... although they are using the new 'CR' TDi lump from the B8 in the Exeo....

Interesting future for the Exeo me thinks....

Mind you, I doubt Seat are going to put a lot of investment in it, if the sales don't pick up..... 1,400 sales in 2009 don't sound like the kind of figures you'd rely on when looking to invest £££ into expanding the model :confused:

Leonidas

Mind you, I doubt Seat are going to put a lot of investment in it, if the sales don't pick up..... 1,400 sales in 2009 don't sound like the kind of figures you'd rely on when looking to invest £££ into expanding the model :confused:

Is that 1,400 in just Britain?

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I heard a 'rumour' that a large blue chip corporate company is changing their company car policy to 80,000 miles from 3 years. Whilst this won't so much affect road dwellers so much as office based bods, it may mean that the lucrative company car market which this baby is aimed at is slowly drying up in hard times.

Many of the people in this company have regressed to Golf's, Polo's and base diesel A3's, so trying to hold on to some perceived badge. Some of the others have gone for Prius' :wtf:

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.