Boot Light switch

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Could someone with a GTI or Cupra with a boot light please take me a picture of where the switch is located, :). Ive got the wires for the lamp in the boot just need to know if the wire for the switch is there too but haven't the foggiest of where it is meant to be.
Thanks
Mike

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Yeah i have the same, one permanent live wire and one wire that seemingly connects to nothing at the moment. Usually the boot light and door light switches work by taking the live to ground through the light. I dont plan on using the original equipment light as they are rubbish, but plan on putting in a 30cm strip of leds.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I have to wires going into one of the vw connector things, you know the ones with the bit you have to push in before you can pull it out the socket.

I may do something similar as I like the idea of that. Would light up my boot build up abit aswell. Or :whistle:

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
I think the switch is actually in the tailgate from looking at my sisters mk3. I might just buy a switch from the dealers and find where it goes lol. I'd just like to see a gti or cupra with a light already to work out exactly what i need.

Undert4ker

If you still need a pic, the Haynes Book Of Lies is very obliging - Page 11.16, illustration 18.2b (top row middle) The switch sits in the rear of the latch so you have to remove the latch to see it by the looks...

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.