Emocion Red Cupra.... Now with Camo Bonnet!

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
Dunno if you had the same ordeal trying to get the b*****ding thing to fit?

I ended up spraying it with silicon release spray to get it to slide on to the turbo!

I was also a bit miffed when i got it back as i thought the discs were on backwards, but apparently you can have them on either way and it makes no difference.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Yep, was a right pain to fit the TIP..

I have my discs on the same way as you too.

DSC_0226.jpg

Was there much to fitting your head unit? Did you have to do anything special or was it just plug and play?

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
Previous owner fitted it, but i had it out to fit my boost gauge. Not too difficult to fit, only thing is you have to cut out the frame that goes between the radio and the wee shelf thing.

Mines a VW one from a Touareg, so its dead easy to wire in, and clicks home into the hole perfectly cos its an original VW part

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
:think:

I was thinking of getting one a while ago but people said it wont fit or work. Guess they were wrong then :)

So does it just have the normal ISO conections on the back then?

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Looks like there is a bit of modding to do to get it to fit.
Look at the bit under the cup holder and hazard light..

Mine

18122007131.jpg

your's

IMG00036.jpg

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
the top bit with the hazard button etc is cut as it goes down the sides, then theres a rubber/plastic trim bit that gets pushed into the gap round the sides and bottom.

To take it out you peel the rubber out and then slide in two screwdrives to the bottom and unclip two tabs, then it all comes out.

Cupholder is a hole atm as it used to have a thing that you could plug your phone into and charge it, but i dont have the right make so i took it out. QUite a good idea tho, its like the stand chargers for the Sony ericsson phones but rewired and stuck in the dash. Sit you're phone on it and it charges. Only prob is i cant find one for a Blackberry.

Last edited:

diss_50

MK4 IBIZA CUPRA
Aug 21, 2007
Smart car mate, could do with sorting the cupra lettering on the back though it looks terrible! You got plans to get it lowered anytime soon? HU is tidy ;)

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
I'm moving the rear badge on Sat, could any friendly Cupra owners tell me the height from the bottom of the bootlid to the lettering? Cheers

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
because im feeling kind and dont have much else to do right now ive just gone and checked for you its 4 1/2cm. thats the bottom of the boot lid to the bottom of the letter. :thumbup:

You really are a very awesome person!

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
Going like clockwork, recently fitted a Forge TIP, new rear tyres, and gave it its 40K service.

Sorted out the rear, as old owner stuck the badge on a bit skee-wiff
P1000298.jpg

Also put in my Rage seats that i've been meaning to fit for aggggeess!

P1000299.jpg

P1000300.jpg

Last edited:

Guffers

Resident Engineer
Apr 18, 2007
awesome look mate. did you paint the rear SEAT badge? :confused:

Previous owner painted the whole thing black, so i painted the background red for some definition, found out it looked a bit weird so took the black back to original silver but left the back red.

I think.....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members