Tragic ,Wouldnt midn if they where doing rubbish

But ..... 2x World Champions 2008-2009 , Could of atleast gone for the Hatrick

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
Even more annoying is news I read somewhere that VW are looking at WRC [:@]

WRC is dead, long live the IRC. 10 manufacturers, albeit split over 2 classes but at least with the spec of cars that the WRC is moving towards.
only problem is that the IRC could turn out to get too big & be like the WRC was.
at the moment the IRC is 'friendly' with easy ( to para-phrase Dave) 'access all areas'

However...good news for BTCC peeps!

Not crashing this thread (really) but thought we could all do with some cheering up. YRC have got massive discount on Thruxton tickets for the opening round of the BTCC season and I don't mind betting that the Barmy Army will have at least one SEAT Leon to get behind.;)

http://www.yourracingcar.com/news_article.php?p_id=latest_stories&article_id=26

Motorsport is in our blood so we'll just have to work with what we've got! No sense in loosing interest in the BTCC!

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I guess they had nothing else to prove, world champions for the last 2 years running, they achieved their goals, plus with the current economic downturn every company is tightening their belts.

The BTCC will have no manufacturer teams this year - but that doesn't mean it won't be good.

benuk

Dec 12, 2008
UK
I'm planning to go to the WTCC in July, I was at the BTCC final this October supporting Carbon Zero and Colin Turkington unofficially (he grew up in the same town as me after all) lol, it was a great day.

Bit disappointed there wont be a SEAT sport manufacturer team at WTCC this year, but I'm sure just like the BTCC there will be Customer teams we can support! :clap:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I'm planning to go to the WTCC in July, I was at the BTCC final this October supporting Carbon Zero and Colin Turkington unofficially (he grew up in the same town as me after all) lol, it was a great day.

Bit disappointed there wont be a SEAT sport manufacturer team at WTCC this year, but I'm sure just like the BTCC there will be Customer teams we can support! :clap:

Got the AMD Powered Golf to support in BTCC

and it looks like Sun-Red Engineering with be running a Leon TDI in WTCC :D

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Maybe this is so they can spend the year developing a new Chassis and storm both the wtcc and btcc in 2011, i feel sorry for the guys who have lost their jobs

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Even more good news. Its a big maybe for 2011 :happy:

http://www.touringcartimes.com/news.php?id=4317

"Yes, that is correct. We only decided to withdraw from the FIA WTCC with our works team for this year," said Odón Martí, SEAT Sport press officer to TouringCarTimes.com.

We'll have to wait and see what 2011 yields, funny that the boss of SEAT Sport and SEAT's communications director were not singing from the same hymn sheet. It reads to me like the press officer limiting some of the disappointing fall out.

There is still news out there that staff are to be laid off, it doesn't mention SEAT Sport like TouringCarTimes bolted on yesterday! But SEAT are in the midst of an economy drive and if they are not racing there is every indication that there will be some cuts to their sporting division. Producing parts for existing racing cars isn't as taxing as developing brand new racing cars for a perceived 2011 return. It will be interesting to see developments..if they happen.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Maybe this is so they can spend the year developing a new Chassis and storm both the wtcc and btcc in 2011, i feel sorry for the guys who have lost their jobs

2011 WTCC might be on the works agenda, but I can't see the BTCC happening with anything other than a privateer.

As far as I'm aware there has been what can only be described as a brain drain within SEAT UK in regards to motorsport. Non of the people directly responsible for the UK motorsport project now work for SEAT so it would require a new marketing focus from within to develop it all over again.

The BTCC program met most of its goals to raise the awareness of the brand, and seems that sales have not suffered in the 12 months or so since their pull-out. So from that point of view I can't see them in the short-term returning to the championship.

Leonidas

They could be doing what Citroen done in WRC a couple of years back. Takin a year off to develop the new engine and they might even come back with the new Mk3 Leon ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.