Steering wheel controls don't work Ipod....

cfross

Hi folks just new to the forum:D My dad has just bought a 09 leon fr, and has a nice wee prezy to him i got him the ipod cable (the one that fits into the cup holder) with USB nd AUX cables... the problem is I can only get the stereo to act as speakers as opposed to being able to use the steering wheel to fully control the ipod (the ipod is a touch gen 2... if that helps at all), any ideas from people in the know would be greatly appreciated!!

stevesulsh

MY08FR
Dec 8, 2008
Dublin Ireland
I'm pretty sure that the only control of your ipod with this connection method (aux cable) regardless of the generation of ipod is via the head unit for volume and ipod for all other functions sorry to be the bearer of bad news but am sure there have also been hundreds of posts relating to this already,, try using search function

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
I've got the same cable and you can only control the playlists via the head unit

The only thing you can control via the steering wheel is to skip track and change the volume :(

However I'm happy with the cable it does more than the one I had in my Type R at leastwith this one the track names are displayed and I didn't have to create playlists called Honda1, Honda2 etc

JimboGooner

I can control my ipod through my steering wheel controls - but thats only because I have the MDI unit - without that kind of setup you only get limited functionality...

which connector do you use for that then ??

or is that straight through AUX/USB ?

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
which connector do you use for that then ??

or is that straight through AUX/USB ?

The cable on the left is the one the ipod connects to -
IMG_5677-vi.jpg

The wiring harness plugs into the back of the MFD3...
and gives you -

IMG_5745-vi.jpg

IMG_5747-vi.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.