Parts needed for aftermarket headunit swap!

JMP

May 27, 2004
The Stalk lead i've ordered comes with the CANBUS adapter so no other leads required on that front.

What i want to know is how you secured your unit because all i can is that it will fit into the facia and has nothing to clamp to on either side.

My head unit comes with a cage and brackets but the brackets will still not make it wide enough to attach.

This is getting so flippin frustrating

Do you have a picture of what doesnt fit where? The cage of the headunit should fit the hole in your facia, if its a DIN size fitment hole. If you have a seat navifacia, then its a problem and that can be solved atleast with the same VW 1-DIN adapter that I used. There are pictures on this forum somewhere.

EDIT: oops you have a 2-DIN unit. I dont know if there is an original part for this.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
Hello Rob,

I dont have any yellow clips with mine mate. All i have is the cage and two removable brackets that screw in to the side of the head unit.

Also i've got the CTSS001 and aerial adapter. Ive been told that is a canbus adapter with the stalk controls in one.

I'm going to link the handbrake wire to the ground which i think will work.

Cheers

Leon

You will be fine with the grounding mate , worked for me so will be fine , only thing is its illegal to watch dvd's on the move but you know that right ? :whistle:

any more probs mate just email me.
have you got bluetooth in your car?

dangerousdriver

Old Newbie
Feb 8, 2009
West London
No i havent got Bluetooth but am going to order Pioneer Bluetooth unit on payday. A little early xmas pressie for me...

I wouldnt dream of watching dvd's whilst on the move (well at least not above 80 anyway lol) :p Isnt that what cruise control is for :D

Just waiting for this bloody facia arrrgghh im so impatient :censored:

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
Hi
I bought a Connects2 CAN-BUS adaptor via ebay!? (CTSST001) and just want to check that all the parts are there.

The one I got does not have the white coloured multipin section at the bottom just the top pins. Is this just a stock photo or am I missing part of the connector?:confused:

CTSST001_small.jpg

Hoping to connect up this weekend so any help would be appreciated.

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
You will be fine with the grounding mate , worked for me so will be fine , only thing is its illegal to watch dvd's on the move but you know that right ? :whistle:

any more probs mate just email me.
have you got bluetooth in your car?

Clamping the handbrake wire from the headunit onto the looms earth wire works?

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Hi
I bought a Connects2 CAN-BUS adaptor via ebay!? (CTSST001) and just want to check that all the parts are there.

The one I got does not have the white coloured multipin section at the bottom just the top pins. Is this just a stock photo or am I missing part of the connector?:confused:

CTSST001_small.jpg

Hoping to connect up this weekend so any help would be appreciated.

I ordered one of these off ebay and fitted it and all worked fine the picture shows the aux and bluetooth wires (white block) but on after market you don't use them. Your steering controls are done through the main plug.

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
Can I just use the standard power harness connectors that came with my 4 yr old pioneer unit? My car doesn't have bluetooth or wheel controls