scratched by neighbours cat

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
I love my cats to bits, I take almost more care of them than I do my car and would be heartbroken if anything happened to them. As a considerate cat owner if anyone could actually 100% prove that MY cats had caused any damage to anyones car I would think about giving them a contribution to repairs. However, with so many cats about you would be far fetched to point the finger at particular cats.

Are you sure it was a cat and not a jealous ex with claws ;)

Cats do not like eucalyptus oil if that helps ?

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
270911970_db35fdd4ca.jpg

monkee

Yes im naked in my avatar
What is it with cat owners and their 'holier than thou' attitude. Your animals are a menace and you can't fob people off by saying 'Oh I just can't control it, it's wild'...blah blah blah

It's YOUR cat and YOUR responsibility, if I take a chisel to your bonnet I'll just say I couldn't control the chisel...Sorry.

For your info I'll happily boot your cat up the arse in the daylight. Can I suggest a more humane approach, get the neighbours cat in the back of your car, drive 15 miles to a nice hilly area and drop the cat off there. It'll be ok, it's wild, it wanders and does it's own thing.

Idiotic ad hominem attacks are the staple of brainless morons who lack the intellect to say anything worthwhile. They sit at their computers, wheezing with asthmatic indignation, unable to think clearly (not that they ever think clearly tbf), and desperately grasp at personal details about their interlocutor. Height, weight, post count, time spent on forums, footballing allegiance - anything goes when you're an internet hardman on an adrenaline high.

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Idiotic ad hominem attacks are the staple of brainless morons who lack the intellect to say anything worthwhile. They sit at their computers, wheezing with asthmatic indignation, unable to think clearly (not that they ever think clearly tbf), and desperately grasp at personal details about their interlocutor. Height, weight, post count, time spent on forums, footballing allegiance - anything goes when you're an internet hardman on an adrenaline high.

:thumbup:

The most articulate post I've read this year!

.....just be careful you don't mess with this cat....

kitten_lifts_car-12052.jpg

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
This thread is getting silly. Some reason, compromise and common sense need tobe applied.

I would get a car cover simple. Can't expect the neighbour to control a cat that will roam and canno be trained to not jump on cars.

markoos

Simples!
Feb 1, 2004
Cumbernauld
Visit site
This thread is getting silly. Some reason, compromise and common sense need tobe applied.

I would get a car cover simple. Can't expect the neighbour to control a cat that will roam and canno be trained to not jump on cars.

Good call.Not a huge fan of cats,but I would never harm one.They have their moments just like any pet.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex

A fine misting of water on the bonnet works wonders, once the ferocious scary cat realises its always wet it wont bother. It also makes controlling the tip of the kango breaker difficult as it slides around and they find even with claws it cant operate it easierly.

Beating up cats :lol: whatever next?

Ptar64

Feb 26, 2009
Tbh, if you really care about your car, you would keep it protected from all things that could harm it *weather, birds, cats in this case, chavs* by putting it in a garage but obviously not everyone has access to one.

Why not get a car cover? If the cat still wants to climb, at least it will hurt the cover first *aslong as its a thick one unlike the cheapy thin ones*

Only takes as long to park up and put a cover on, like it is to park up/open garage/drive car in/ close garage.

(It's YOUR cat and YOUR responsibility, if I take a chisel to your bonnet I'll just say I couldn't control the chisel...Sorry.)

Thats got to be the most stupid thing Ive ever read - Chisel have minds of there own now? They feed/drink/sleep?
You cannot compare a cat to a chisel, fact.

Thats my rant over :) btw, what about if you dont recognise the cat? Do you stalk it until it returns home?

Mary Hinge

Do you see the irony of your quote? I've got 20 posts, hardly an attention seeker plus I'm not the one displaying my gaming attributes or personal details on a car website. Not a internet hardman at all, bit of a gypsy I guess but barely a user of the internet....Oh and who was I bullying? All I can read is a lot of abuse aimed at me. So thanks for the support.

Mary Hinge

If you was my next door neighbour, and attempted to do anything to my cat, you would get a fist straight from me in the face, and ofcourse a good beating!! No second thoughts, this would only happen if you was male ofcourse. Stop bitching about a cat, and get a car cover as jonjay pointed out. If your not going to get one, stop moaning as you clearly cant be bothered to do anything about it. Get on with it. My cat sits on my mums car, you dont see her moaning about it on here [:@]
Just thought id say my piece ;)

Hi there Brad! You're most welcome to come to my home city of Belfast and see our cat problem. Oh and read the original post I never said a cat sat on my car did I, just contributing in my own way. Sent you a private message Braddy boy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
Just to lighten up the thread, i had to buy two showercaps for my wingmirrors, since some randy little sparrow started shitting all over my mirrors, thought the reflection was a mate,

cats scratch yes but it shouldnt get through to the paint,, try a scented polish like mentioned,

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Just to lighten up the thread, i had to buy two showercaps for my wingmirrors, since some randy little sparrow started shitting all over my mirrors, thought the reflection was a mate,

cats scratch yes but it shouldnt get through to the paint,, try a scented polish like mentioned,

sparrows are into scat??? :-o

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Yeh lol, cats (and birds):p can be a pain in the a**e. I have a cat admiteddly a ragdoll (house cat). And do like them to an extent. I don't generally get any bother off them where i stay, but at my gf's house there is a certain cat who likes to walk on top of my car. But he has learned now after a few "scares" not to do it and he doesn't come anywhere near the house let alone the car lol!

jamiebennett81

quality thread full of some n00bs and forum trolls :cartman:

except the usual suspects posting on here of course ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.