LED sidelights that WORK

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Also fitted the 'Ebay' LED's, and worked perfect 1st time, solved my problem of the standard sidelight bulbs looking yellow next to the factory xenons, tho the new LED's do look 'blueish' but 100% better!!

dangerousdriver

Old Newbie
Feb 8, 2009
West London
I fitted my bulbs a few weeks ago and after a bit of fiddling around they worked fine. However yesterday the bulb failure light came on and one of the bulbs flickered a bit before coming on.

I fiddled with the bulb and presto it worked but you shouldnt have to do that.

They so look good but i regret getting them now as i dont want to have the failure light coming on. I've bought a normal set of bulbs and left em in my glovebox just in case it happens again.

These are not exactly plug and play bulbs as quoted by autobulbs.

I will keep you informed.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I fitted my bulbs a few weeks ago and after a bit of fiddling around they worked fine. However yesterday the bulb failure light came on and one of the bulbs flickered a bit before coming on.

I fiddled with the bulb and presto it worked but you shouldnt have to do that.

They so look good but i regret getting them now as i dont want to have the failure light coming on. I've bought a normal set of bulbs and left em in my glovebox just in case it happens again.

These are not exactly plug and play bulbs as quoted by autobulbs.

I will keep you informed.

Hi Leon ,
I have these bulbs and put a bit of solder on each pad before fitting and they have been fine since day 1.
i take it you threw away your norml side light bulbs? :rolleyes:
did you not get a free set of side light bulbs with your led ones?
got your parts for your stereo yet?

Poverty

let us know if they take some fiddling to get working or straight forward. I had a look at these. I had a HID4U canbus LEDs and one seemed to be faulty :(

I have the ones on the first page of this thread, and one of the L.E.D's work intermittently.

Also bought some osram nightbreakers which are cheap.

Went for these more expensive L.E.D ones as they have front facing LED also.

MILLSMAN

So which led sidelights do I go for to match the factory fit xenons, pick the car up in a few weeks.

Simon_Peters

2008 Leon Fr TFSI & 01 R6
Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare

Poverty

hay P wondering what these lights are like with the led's at the front as wel as the side?
do you have any pics with them in?
cheers B.

Well they are better than the original ones from this thread, however my car still rejected the right sidelight one just like it did with the last pair. Basically the LEDs will work fine for 5 mins then the driver side one starts to flicker and just go out. So I have ditched them and bought a set of MTEC sidelight bulbs. Nearly as bright as the LED,s but without any hassle. Job done ;)

Simon_Peters

2008 Leon Fr TFSI & 01 R6
Apr 11, 2007
Weston-Super-Mare
I have had mine in for 4 months now without an issue too, had a bit of a job getting them in and working at first but touch wood they haven't failed on me yet!

Having more of a issue with the xenons than the leds! lol

Si

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Hi mate,

I have bought these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....517690&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_2580wt_940

They are fine when the lights are cold so to speak but they are a little bit of a different white/blue colour once the lights have been on for a while but they still look good.

Cheers,
Si

I have these too and totally agree, but then LED's will always have a blueish tint to them, I reckon they look better than standard 'yellow' looking 5w originals, also no problem with them from day one! Anybody have any ideas on what fog light bulbs will look close to the factory xenons??

Poverty

Yeap agree!

When you first flick them on they match perfect, they look a hell of a lot better than the oem ones for sure!

Si

are the leds more blue or white than the xenons?

I have just ordered some more mtecs to replace my osram nightbreakers. Will post full mtec setup once they arrive.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise