10-40w oil in PD130?!

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I know you're short on time, but I've bought oil before from Opieoils, via web order, and their prices are generally competitive. Last time I got 4 ltrs Fuchs Titan Supersyn 0w 30 506.01 for a little over £30 as it was on special offer. They might have an offer on 505.01 if you look. Only trouble is 4 ltrs might not be enough for all engines, and it might not arrive in time for your wedding etc.

morepower

Mar 12, 2009
This really makes me angry! Oil selection is so important with todays engines, they are designed to use certain oil for a good reason.

Not only is the grade important but the specification is crutial, the additive packages within newer oils changes from one to the next. I blame the older generation of mechanics that still live in monograde world. I've just had a mega pain with my engine using roughly 1ltr of oil in 80 miles. No external leaking and no smoke.

Turns out my garage have been using 10/40 rock oil in my Zetec SE engine. Running like that for 2 years ensured my oil control rings were well and truely blocked.

40 Ltrs of brand new correct oil and some strong detergents later my engine is not using excessive oil anymore.

Valuble lesson for me then, choose your garage carefuly!

Sorry to revive an old thread.... I was looking for oil information.... Found this and saw Rock Oil mentioned.. I am using Rock Oil and have used it in my bikes for a while... never had a problem and with the bike it has always given me more power than a comparable oil... never had an issue with blocking the oil control rings even in a 16,000RPM 600cc sports bike...... So I think the dealer has used the cheapest Rock Oil and not one specced for the motor....

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise