REVO or CUSTOM CODE?

Gooders

Jan 11, 2010
Land of Bakewell puddin's
Im thinking about having my LCR re mapped but cant decide what the best route to take is...REVO map or CUSTOM-CODE?

I've had a CUSTOM-CODE before on my GOLF GT TDi and was very impressed...whats the difference between REVO map and CUSTOM-CODE? benefits? disadvantages?

cheers

jamiebennett81

end of the day, both packages are excellent, stg1's are similar, customer care is also excellent from both providers

IMO, it would come down to cost and location of the said company seller, as its something which has been discussed many times on here before

Gooders

Jan 11, 2010
...are the performance gains the came, JBS say with the CUSTOM-CODE i can expect about 275bhp and 270 lb ft torque, they've got an offer on at the mo which is £350 for re map, green cotton panel filter and FORGE recirculating valve...how does that compare to REVO map?

jamiebennett81

...are the performance gains the came, JBS say with the CUSTOM-CODE i can expect about 275bhp and 270 lb ft torque, they've got an offer on at the mo which is £350 for re map, green cotton panel filter and FORGE recirculating valve...how does that compare to REVO map?

forget figures, thats for pub talk only

its how the car drives

as I understand it, Revo is more aggressive stg1, and CC is a bit more progressive

either way, "on the road" there will be very little difference between the two

275bhp from a stg1 is IMO a little optimistic

255-265 is a little more realistic from a stg1, but then this is JBS's rollers we are talking about here.....

Gooders

Jan 11, 2010
forget figures, thats for pub talk only

its how the car drives

as I understand it, Revo is more aggressive stg1, and CC is a bit more progressive

either way, "on the road" there will be very little difference between the two

275bhp from a stg1 is IMO a little optimistic

255-265 is a little more realistic from a stg1, but then this is JBS's rollers we are talking about here.....

what does a stg 1 do to your fuel consumption?..im aware that more power = more fuel but does it use a lot more fuel or just a bit?..im getting about 250-300 miles to a tank at the mo depening on whether ive got lead boots on or not lol

...what did you mean by "this is JBS's rollers we're talking about"?

jamiebennett81

what does a stg 1 do to your fuel consumption?..im aware that more power = more fuel but does it use a lot more fuel or just a bit?..im getting about 250-300 miles to a tank at the mo depening on whether ive got lead boots on or not lol

...what did you mean by "this is JBS's rollers we're talking about"?

depends how heavy your right foot is in terms of fuel consumption:cartman:

typically though, fuel consumption is improved

phizzandlil

Divers go deeper!
Feb 22, 2009
Nr Gatwick
Been considering this myself for a while, I got the impression from other peoples comments that the CC map is a little smoother and not so aggressive. CC were doing a discount not long ago but not sure if that thread is still running on here?

jamiebennett81

personally, if I was in the same situation, I would go for the Custom Code

I have had the stg1 Revo on my Ibiza a few years ago and it was very aggressive and I have heard similar opinions from others

but others may prefer different

stg1 is fairly generic with minimum mods, so as said, both will do the job nicely

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
J0N rates it, though he took mine out yesterday, which is completely standard, and he pointed out that it has less lag (because of lower pressure?) and gets moving quicker, but it's clearly down on power. When a few of us moved on from the Chesterfield meet I was right behind him and I was struggling to keep up. I don't know if he was booting it or not, but there was no way I'd have kept up with him. I'd got JonoD behind me and he's just had a P-Torque remap on his pre-facelift LC, supposedly to 217hp, and I was keeping him behind.

I do know that J0N rates both JBS and CC very highly though. It may be worth noting that he has other mods as well, it's not just a CC remap. I wouldn't dare list them, so I can only suggest that you check out his RR thread

Jun 16, 2008
depends on ur driving style i suppose

ive got a stage 1 revo remap and i love it becuase it gives me the agression lower in the revs

as im an A to B driver (no motorways), its ideal for me

really does give u a great feeling!
and ull be pulling away from ALOT of cars :)

as for fuel consumption...

ive done a few tests with full tanks
A few tanks with complete easy driving and a few tanks with pure aggression

the fuel economy improves nicely if u dont boot it.
but when u DO boot it, ull get about 50/60 less miles on a full tank.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members