Turbosmart Kompact Are they the same for Ibiza and Leon?

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
As Title really?

Are the Turbosmart Kompact dump valves the same for the Ibiza and the Leon as someone is selling one from their leon and i was going to buy it if it will fit the ibiza.

I think they are but wanted to make sure before i bought it.

Thanks

Chris

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Turbosmart Kompact dual port yea?

this one

turbosmartbv3.jpg

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
yes it is mate

i had this valve(very loud) but i found my self haveing alot of running problems,mainly with stalling,and it would kick out black smoke when changeing gears,so i got rid of it and whent back to the good old faithfull forge 007

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
Hmm

I want it cause of the noise as my old car had a dump valve and i miss it on the ibiza as the 007 ive got isnt loud enough.

Alot of people run them without any problems tho dont they? Guess yours was very unlucky?

Did you try running it with it not open that far to stop the stalling?

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Mine ran fine until i relocated to coldside

i get the stalling issue now

Think its open too far though so hopefully sort it

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
If its stalling then its not setup correct...means its open to far takes a little while to get it set up perfect but its worth it if you want the noise...

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
Yeah ive read it take abit of time to get it set-up right to stop it stalling.

Well ive paid for it now so cant wait for it to turn up and get it fitted :)

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
Hi Myki

I knew i would get a reply from you soon as your the turbosmart king on here lol

That would be great help if you wouldnt mind helping getting it on and setting it up if i drove to meet you.

Also have you got Vagcom Myki as one of my mates needs his alarm chirp turnt on on his mk4 ibiza.

Last edited:

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Yep i am the king of these lol, nobodys played with them more than i have.

I have got vagcom but been quite a while since i used it so would be worth you checking exactly what settings are needed to sort it out.

Im about most of the time mate, im up in patchway so just off the M5

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
Yep i am the king of these lol, nobodys played with them more than i have.

I have got vagcom but been quite a while since i used it so would be worth you checking exactly what settings are needed to sort it out.

Im about most of the time mate, im up in patchway so just off the M5

My mate will get a post up so he will have the info on what needs changing on vagcom.

Once the turbosmart has arrived (Hoping it turns up 2moro) i will give you a PM and we can both drive upto Bristol and meet you.

Is patchway off the M5 around the cribbs sort of area of bristol?

Be nice to see your car aswell as remember reading you got a skyline when you got rid of the cupra?

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
My mate will get a post up so he will have the info on what needs changing on vagcom.

Once the turbosmart has arrived (Hoping it turns up 2moro) i will give you a PM and we can both drive upto Bristol and meet you.

Is patchway off the M5 around the cribbs sort of area of bristol?

Be nice to see your car aswell as remember reading you got a skyline when you got rid of the cupra?

Yeh patchways right next to cribbs, everyone knows where cribbs is aswel lol.

Yeh got the skyline after the cupra, loved the cupra but the skylines a whole new ball game lol

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
Right i couldnt wait so ive been and fitted it, im quite sure ive done it right as it is dumping and it all idles fine but here are 2 pics so you can make sure ive plumbed it in the right way Myki.

18769_322650170588_515125588_5154218_2991732_n.jpg

18769_322650175588_515125588_5154219_2585159_n.jpg

Just got standard hoses on it at the mo apart from the vacuum pipe ive changed in the engine bay, so next on the list is silicone hose set.

Last edited:

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
From what i can tell from the pictures it looks fine.

Should be set so the inltet opposite the trumpet is in the tip and the inlet at the bottom goes to the charge pipe.

The real way to get it to sound off properly is to get it located onto the cold side...

Best way i found to set it up was to just rev the car upto about 4k then just let the revs fall to idle if it stalls or trys to stall then tighten it up a quater turn etc till the revs return to idle fine.
Then take it for a test drive and accelerate quite hard upto about 4k again then press clutch and let the revs fall to idle again tighten or loosen to get it all running spot on and all should be good. :)

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.