VW '92 Jetta G60 Eaton Kompressor (New rims!)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
ok little update yet again.
Got a perfect offer yesterday for a set of new wheels/tyres which I simply couldn't resist.
Polishing the C2's I have lying around is gonna take me ages so they will be up for sale now that I have these.
But no fear, they are similar :)

small sneak peak although they need a good polish which i'll do tomorrow:

21012010093.jpg

Polished mercedes rims.
I got them with the adapters to go from 5x100 to 5x112, bolts, practically new tires for just over 230 quid :)

Had to raise the car quite a bit to get them to fit though....plus point is I can get over the speedbump to park infront of my house again lol

better pics tomorrow

Last edited:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
yeah when these wear out i'l be sticking a 40 tyre on them apposed to the 45's which are on there now. I'll also wrap em in a thinner sized one to get more of a stretch on them. Affraid that will take a while though as tyres are expensive.

Not sure on what you mean with negative camber though?

and yeah cleaning them isn't too bad; far better than BBS or multi spokes

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Hate to say it revs but I'm not a fan!? I'm into the dub scene through & through but IMO jettas rock smaller wheels. Maybe the smaller profile would help buts she's sitting too high...?

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
tyres do make the rims look big so i understand where you lot are coming from.

But as far as I know there is no 35 size in a 16". Best option for a lot of stretch would be 165 40 16 then...but that might be overdoing it with over 180 hp...? I can get 165-45-16. that might work?

other options are welcome ;)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Well cleaned the car a bit, and lowered the front 1.5 cm, but still needs to go lower yet. I also lowered the rear but its scraping against the wheelarch now; so will need to fix that.

As for tyres I do indeed want others as these make the wheels and look of the car kind of sluggish. However still not sure if I should get 165-45-16's or simple 195-40-16's.

The rims are 7.5J btw.

anywho: couple more pics

22012010096.jpg

22012010097.jpg

22012010098.jpg

Last edited:

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Had nothing to do so figured I'd snap another couple of shots. No work has been done on the bay since last time. I'm not waiting on a new waterpump (should be arriving today) as it seems the bearings in the current one are buggered causing a quite horrible noise...

Haven't swapped the inlet manifold either, as simply its an absolute pain to get the the 8 bolts round the back...

I did switch the position of the catch tank as seems like a better/more stable place

Foto0259.jpg

Foto0262.jpg

Foto0263.jpg

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
alright then, after some deliberation I found the Merc rims just didn't suit the Jetta...

So just picked up a different set and think they look pretty good :)

14022010101.jpg

14022010102.jpg

17" parabol Audi TT rims wrapped in 205-40-17's

excuse horrible pics but it was damn cold and need to play around with the coilies before final proper shots will be made

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
i like those rims but they have always bugged me

could never figure out wether someone started to machine the middle and gave up or wether they'd be better not machined at all

:)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
i like those rims but they have always bugged me

could never figure out wether someone started to machine the middle and gave up or wether they'd be better not machined at all

:)

lol

I see your point, but think they'd be very dull though if that wasn't done. Then it would be a completely flat rim with 5 spokes...

Brummy: its difficult keeping everybody happy lol.

Just wanted something different from the BBS's everyone puts on their VW's

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Cheers... the borb's are one of my two most favourite rims.. came very close last week to getting a set of my other favourites too, but hey.. wasn't to be (for now ) ;)