How long is everyone getting out of thier front tyres

Aug 19, 2007
East Yorkshire
Another one for Toyo's here. So grippy in the dry. Not overly great in the wet, but shouldn't be driving hard when its wet anyway really.

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
Only problem with the toyos is they wear quick, so I might try them falkens out as they're similar price and seem to have good reviews. And if they're not great i'll just swap the toyos from the back to the front and put falkens on the back.

jeffscarborough

Just replaced the original front tyres (P Zero Nero's) at 14,500. The inside edges were bald :confused:
Replaced with Pirelli P7000.
Car is FR Tdi 57reg

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
5 years ive had my tyres lol. got 18,000 on the clock on bridgestones !!! ive got a 1.4 sport!!! bit worried as im getting an FR next... oh well its only tyres

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Then there is cracking on the sidewalls which can flag up or fail on a MOT:(

My dear old dad drives like a saint in his Puma and had a new set of boots just 4 years ago which have loads of tread left but got picked up on the MOT for sidewall cracks :(

Guess you may as well rip them up a bit if there going to need replacing anyway :funk:

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
Just got around 7k on the front for some P-zeros. Inside is quite badly worn, so thats why I was changing, however probably got about 2/3mm on centre still.

Rears, however still have around 4mm and they were on the car when I bought them (18,000 miles ago) Thinks rears last forever :D

Also just quickly, with slightly stretched tyres, good idea to run more or less than recommended pressure?

Stiglet

Feb 12, 2010
Surrey
to stop the side walls cracking you need to put moisture back into the tyres. if you pressure wash your car or it is in direct sunshine you should polish the side walls. Only the sidewalls !!!!! not the tread lol, or it drifing time. It also makes the alloys look so much better. You can even buy a tyre wall applicator lol.. how sad am i ?

been cleaning cars for 25 years, not much i dont know :D

georgebibizafr

Apr 12, 2009
Cheshire uk.
i've just put falkens on today, been hammering it down on the way home with rain, and they feel good more immediate grip in the wet than toyos granted they were knackered though. Inside edges seem to wear on ibiza's my tracking has been done twice at two separate highly reccomended garages and it still does it, i got 10k out of toyo t1 rs and the middle and outer edge would've lasted a bit longer, however inside edges were bald. I've now fitted falken 452's i'll let you know how they're once its dry and they've bedded in abit.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
Then there is cracking on the sidewalls which can flag up or fail on a MOT

cracked sidewalls don't usually fail an MOT unless the cracks are very bad...however, recommended for overall safety to replace even if there is a bit of tread still on em

Was running Toyo Proxes 4s last time around and i got about 5-7k out of the front set.
Now running T1R's and they seem to be wearing much better.

i was in this situation before getting T1R's...basically, after much investigation i found out that the PX4's are not replacements to the T1R's, as the T1R's are Toyo's Premium performance tyre...the PX4's have been designed for High Performance vehicles but for drivers who want sporty aspects along with more ride comfort and less road noise

so might try out the PX4's to see how they compare against the T1R's, but won't expect them to perform better during spirited driving

not much difference price-wise between em on camskill...bearing in mind i'm running 215/40 17 rather than 205/40

dewindoeth

Nov 19, 2008
anyone tried khumo ku13 ectsa or whatever they are called lol.
highly recommended on briskoda!

MadFaz

New(ish)bee
Sep 28, 2008
Bradford
had Toyo Proxes 4, they wore out after 6 months after about 8000 miles.

now on some Falkens 912s and after 5000 miles, they seem good.

my rear tyres are Nexens that I picked up for a tenner brand new and they still look new :D

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Toyo R888s

i bought them during summertime.

I do arround 8000km per year nowadays...so 2 montsh ago approximately i had to swap them with the rear ones.

thats arround 3000km i suppose...

I dont do any drag runs, or burn outs or whatever. I will accelerate hard in 2nd and 3rd gear. I just love those twisty country roads lol...

If i continue like that i need 2 sets every say year and a half...

I think my next tires will be paradas...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.