My Cordy SX daily driver

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
With an impending move coming next year and a few extra miles to work i decided it was time i got a daily driver.

Sense would say get a diesel but me being me i decided i still wanted something fun but sensible, so when this came up for sale i couldn't say no.

It's an ex seat UK car registered very late (nov 2000) but built approx sept 96 according to chassis number, covered 45k and in pretty good condition considering it's been sat about doing nothing most of it's life.

Today i set about sorting out a proper service being as the previous owners seem to have neglected this a little, original belt was looking a bit worse for wear as were the spark plugs and fuel filter (all still original 96 date stamped)

Next task is to stick the comps on it as the multi spokes are in a state and the tyres are getting a little low, lower it as i'm not feeling the 4x4 stance and then just clean it up and run it as a daily.

Hopefully i wont be to tempted to mod this although the idea of swapping the engines between the ibiza and cordy is quite appealing.

Only pic i have at the moment is below but i'll update them as it starts to take shape

SDC10338.jpg

Last edited:

Martin M

www.midnightmotors.net
Nov 12, 2006
Kent
Engine swap! Looks good though mate, should look really nice with the MO's on it too.

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
Thought i'd update you all on the cordy's current status

Not a great deal to report though, i've fitted the hids from the ibiza and lowered it on a set of spax shocks and springs (i've been having a few probs with the kit but i'm currently trying to sort this out with spax)

It's now sat on the comps and 15mm rear spacers, the ronals are going for shot blasting soon and then will be treated to a coat of white paint and some new boots.

Apart from that i don't think they'll be anymore mods to this as i'm quite enjoying just driving it and it's nice to get into something comfortable and quite (compared to the ibiza anyhow)

It's still not had a proper clean as yet but i'm going to try and do that and get some decent pics up once i get a chance

SDC10343.jpg

Snow pic is the only decent one i have at the moment

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
Nice mate!

Cars with a 'tail' are the way forward lol

I had it with the mk3 cordoba cupra over the Ibiza and now again with the Jetta over the Golf.

Although tweaking this with a nice fat engine would be a great option, and well unique for on here as well ;)

no pressure though :whistle:

roly

midnightmotors.net
Jan 2, 2002
Midnight Motors Workshop
How long till its at the 'ring?

;)

I would rather take the ibiza round the ring again, although this would make for a much more comfortable and peacefull drive there :D

Nice mate!

Cars with a 'tail' are the way forward lol

I had it with the mk3 cordoba cupra over the Ibiza and now again with the Jetta over the Golf.

Although tweaking this with a nice fat engine would be a great option, and well unique for on here as well ;)

no pressure though :whistle:

Funnily enough i have a spare 20vt engine at work (needs a rebuild) but i've got almost all the parts needed to "drop it in" the cordy

I wouldn't mind a bit more go from it but i want to keep it as practical as possible