Ibiza cupra alloys

borderboy

Sep 5, 2009
Gretna Green
Is it just me or are these things like rocking horse **** ?

Just called the previous owner last night and he had just sold his 2 weeks ago but i havn't seen a set ANYWHERE for sale in the time iv had my cupra

where is the best bit to get hold of a set with tyres ?

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
Their rare as rocking horse **** for a number of reasons.
- Cupra's are not common,
- There are VERY VERY few wheels that fit over the Cupra Brakes

And also I read to buy brand new their about £280 a wheel. (Without tyres)

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
...I read to buy brand new their about £280 a wheel. (Without tyres)

Blimey! Mines in a repair centre at the mo and the motor needs a new alloy and tyre, fortunately the 3rd party has admitted all liability so it wont be my money. When people say rare I assume they mean used as they don't want to pay nearlyu £1200 for a new set?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
Strange as i thought Cupra Alloys were cheaper than 280 per wheel, pretty sure when i bought a set fromt eh stealers in 2005 i paid 140 a wheel.

I have a spare one for sale if anyone wants it.....lol I'm sticking all my spares up in the for sale section,

ss55eat

Nov 28, 2008
I bought a Cupra alloy from Dave at Sere Motors a few weeks back. It was about 155 quid if I remember correctly. The bare rim was suprisingly light but they weigh a ton with the tyres on.

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
I paid £230 odd about 2 years back .. maybe the Euro exchange rate has made them cheaper?

Since then I bent another one so go both bent ones repaired for about £70 each so hold onto the bent one..

Yellowdevil

Can onyone advise me on what alloy wheels i can fit on my 98' Ibiza Gti, as the stock ones look a bit "predated" as it were.....answers on a postcard please peeps!

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
18" Leon Cupra R wheels are £330 plus VAT EACH!

Makes them seem fairly cheap, Boca OE wheels are £250 plus VAT each.

ss55eat

Nov 28, 2008
I paid £230 odd about 2 years back .. maybe the Euro exchange rate has made them cheaper?

Since then I bent another one so go both bent ones repaired for about £70 each so hold onto the bent one..

The Seat list price is about £230. Sere Motors did it at 30% discount which comes out as just under £160. I had one that was kerbed fairly high up the spokes rather than the rim so I treated myself to a new one. It also means I have 2 spares so I can take a pair of wheels off for the tyres to be changed; I don't trust the tyre place to jack the car up properly/not lose the locking key/bolt covers etc.

I have 8 BBS RA alloys for my Polo G40 (just in case) and at one point had 15 assorted wheels sat in the garage for my Triumph GT6.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
140210001.jpg

Got my rims sorted :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members