Grimsby, UK
Here you go :)

29112009200.jpg

Danny.

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
I had that surround Paul and found that it didnt fit well, maybe i was missing some part of it? but I find that the VW Golf cage I have on mine holds it a lot more securely :)

Danny.

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site
I had that surround Paul and found that it didnt fit well, maybe i was missing some part of it? but I find that the VW Golf cage I have on mine holds it a lot more securely :)

Danny.

I ended up securing the cage with velcro otherwise I couldn't manuipulate the wiring, tray and headunit to get it all in! Hasn't moved since and am happy enough with the overall finish.
Just need to upgrade the speakers next!

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Hi it great to see a photo of a singe din cd player fitted, I was thinking of changing mine, but felt a 2 din dvd/cd player was just to much money looks great, will go for it now.

Last edited:

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
What are you guys using for wiring harnesses? I've only got the standard harness that came with my pioneer single din headunit about 5 yrs ago. Can that just plug straight into the car? I don't have bluetooth or wheel controls so that's not an issue

dannychapman10

K04 Time ;)
Mar 30, 2009
Grimsby, UK
You have to get a different wiring adaptor, when i put mine in, it wouldnt turn on at all so my local audio place ran a wire from the fuse box for a switched live, so it only worked with the ignition on, is that the same for Rob and Paul and anyone else or not?

Danny.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
You have to get a different wiring adaptor, when i put mine in, it wouldnt turn on at all so my local audio place ran a wire from the fuse box for a switched live, so it only worked with the ignition on, is that the same for Rob and Paul and anyone else or not?

Danny.

no mate i just ordered the connects 2 adaptors , just plug and play ;)

campbell_p30

Feb 20, 2003
Belfast
Visit site

Danny.

I used the CANBUS adapter from Connects2 plus steering wheel control cable. Didn't need to source any additional power - just plug and play (except for finding space for all the wiring!:doh:)

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
I thought the canbus adaptors were for both wiring harness and the wheel controls (which I don't have) in one? Do I still need to buy a canbus adaptor to get my headunit working?

FR_Flavoured

There is a trend developing here (re: the Pics being posted).
- Very smart touch screen multimedia screens! [B)]

Do your steering wheel stereo controls still work with these multimedia screens, to adjust the volume and change the track? Also, does the Audio Jack between the seats still work, when plugging in your MP3 player?

Finally, where do you pickup the replacement dashboard Fascia to accomodate these nice screens? :)

Sorry about all the Q's. I'm sure others were thinking the same questions, but were just too embarrased to ask! :D

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
FH-P80BT Double-Din Bluetooth Tuner with USB-in and iPod Direct Control ordered today having fitted next week, double din, steering wheel compatable, mic for blue tooth all in £320.00.
I think the cheepest one Ive seen is £250 so £70 for all the other bits and fitting is not bad will post a photo next week.

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Here is mine..

headunit1.jpg

Its been in about a year now and has been well worth the effort of installing! Have since put Hertz components in the front and Dynamatted the whole car, has made a hell of a difference! :)

Do your steering wheel stereo controls still work with these multimedia screens, to adjust the volume and change the track? Also, does the Audio Jack between the seats still work, when plugging in your MP3 player?

Finally, where do you pickup the replacement dashboard Fascia to accomodate these nice screens? :)

The steering wheel controls all work fine with the CANBUS adapter attached to the headunit. All the volume, track and bluetooth buttons do exactly as they are meant to! As far as I know the audio jack doesn't work but I've never tried mine.. My new headunit came with a proper Ipod dock and USB connection that I fitted in the glove box and I use those instead.

As for the fascia.. I just went to my local Seat dealer and ordered the surround. I've got a thread on here somewhere about how I fitted it and I've got all the part numbers listed in there! :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.