do problems come in 3's for anyone else?

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
the 'shed' is starting to annoy me now.:wtf:

radio problem back, new HU on way so hopefully sorted.X fingers

thermostat seal started to leak now, can smell the anti-freeeze in cabin when hot..

had trouble the other day getting into 5th gear from 4th...not too good when joining Mway to go from 4th to 3rd...:blink:

i think it's not liking being used every day..:cry:

M1KEH

M1KE
Oct 27, 2007
The Middle
Hmmm i have an odd click if i rock my steering wheel at the moment. But jacked up the car and no play in anything so i'm at a loss to it all.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
I had a similar problem with the thermostat. I had to replace the whole housing and guess what, it still isnt right.

It isnt leaking but now since saturday the temp gauge doesnt go up to halfway and I cant figure out what it is. :confused:. Was fine on saturday morning.

g60bron

GTi Fixer!!!
Jan 23, 2010
Doncaster
I had a similar problem with the thermostat. I had to replace the whole housing and guess what, it still isnt right.

It isnt leaking but now since saturday the temp gauge doesnt go up to halfway and I cant figure out what it is. :confused:. Was fine on saturday morning.

Faulty Temp Sender??? Black one in side of the block iirc

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun

snap!! was fine on saturday,sunday morning run down to AMD, temp gauge didn't get over 1/4way,oil temp dropped to 62(was on a run) and heaters were limp...left her ticking over at amd later in the day and all was fine when idling,gonna try the sensor n see.....

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
my thermo rarely goes over 1/4 way...

Yep, as many new members there are on here at the moment when you ask your self why they more than often have problems....

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Ive got a spare sensor and thermostat that I may try to see if that helps.

My heaters are warm-ish but not as warm as usual.

my thermo rarely goes over 1/4 way...

Yep, as many new members there are on here at the moment when you ask your self why they more than often have problems....

Mine has always went up to halfway and stayed there when its got warm. Ever since I got the car 4 years ago.

Mine is at problem stage 3 now :cry:

Stage 1: Dec
Problem - Car over heating, blowers staying cold
Fix - New thermostat

Stage 2: Jan
Problem - Car keeps needing to be jump started
Fix - New battery

Stage 3: Feb
Problem - Car won't start, even after a run
Fix - TBA

If it gets to Stage 5 it's being broken up and weighed in. I want my liner this summer! Not next year from having to pay to fix my beeza!

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
Ive got a spare sensor and thermostat that I may try to see if that helps.

My heaters are warm-ish but not as warm as usual.

Mine has always went up to halfway and stayed there when its got warm. Ever since I got the car 4 years ago.

ditto in all respects :) have to order the bits for mine,let us know how your swap over does :)

beezertart

**MAYHEM**
Sep 11, 2007
beyond the sun
to be fair and i say this touching wood, fingers crossed etc,kiwi has never had that many probs......and there's the tempting fate statement right there. my mk2 golf gti was a lot more bother from memory!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.