Fault Code - Fuel Temp Sensor

Deleted member 13581

My Engine Management Light came on last week so managed to get a mate to fire it through a VAG-Com check tonight.

Has come back with this fault code:

17571 - Fuel Temp Sensor (G81)
Open or Short to Plus
P1163 - 35 - 10 - Intermitant.

When we looked through the measuing blocks, the reading was fluctuating between -21.6 degrees and 40.5 degrees at steady intervals so deffinently not getting a proper connection.

Has anyone seen this before?

Obviously, im going to need to get a new Fuel Temp Sensor, but just wondering how easy of hard the job is to do.

Thanks.

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
i think its infront of the block. so easy to get to. have you had problems starting when the engines hot by any chance?

joshbro90

just had this problem, my reading was always 40.5C , i replaced the sensor but no joy, when i did replace i could see that the wire going into the connector was bare and pretty badly shreaded so i believe its that, going to replace it this weekend so il let you know if it has fixed it

Deleted member 13581

Im replacing the sensor tomorrow so will let you know how i get on.

joshbro90

replaced the connector but the error still comes up after clearing it, i then checked to see for voltage and no voltage was going to the connector, so im guessing its a break in the cable somewhere?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members