ABS TCS and Bracke light on and beeping.

Cupra_20vT

Sep 2, 2008
ABS TCS and Bracke light on and beeping all the time and the fault code is 00668 anyone els ever had this??

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
check fuse number 18 under the steering wheel. should be 5 volt fuse. Most probably you blew that one, as when you take that fuse out or it blows, the TCS light and ABS light will be on from startup and after a few seconds it will bleed 3 times. THen handbrake keeps flashing as well.

if that sounds like what you're having, check/replace the fuse

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
what was with the battery? Or are you referring to the fuses on the battery? did one blow?

Last edited:

Cupra_20vT

Sep 2, 2008
on top of your battery you will have fuses and they corode.
Make sure nothing is coroded around them even the 10mm nuts
Take them off and clean them with sand paper copper grease them when you put them back in again.

this is what makes the car do this as I have had to fix a few. :)

Cupra_20vT

Sep 2, 2008
on top of your battery you will have fuses and they corode.
Make sure nothing is coroded around them even the 10mm nuts
Take them off and clean them with sand paper copper grease them when you put them back in again.

this is what makes the car do this as I have had to fix a few. :D:D:D

greg

Aug 31, 2005
I am getting this error now. TCS and ABS lights on from startup then 3 beeps and handbrake light flashes as soon as i start driving. Started happening after i disconnected the battery the other day and cleaned up the positive connector with wire wool.

I have cleared the fault with VAG-COM and when i do th auto-scan now it says 'no faults found'. However the lights are still there, and it still beeps 3 times on startup!!! [:@]

Cupra_20vT

Sep 2, 2008
make sure the lid of the brake fluid is on right and make sur it is at max level.
And the wire pluged in to the lid of the brake fluid is clean. use wd40 or some eletcrical cleaner as it can get dirty at time. plus a dirty abs censor can do is as well.

greg

Aug 31, 2005
Yeah, the positive conector was twisted slightly when i re-assembled it, straigntened it up and reconnected it and fixed the problem!

k_pt

I am getting this error now. TCS and ABS lights on from startup then 3 beeps and handbrake light flashes as soon as i start driving. Started happening after i disconnected the battery the other day and cleaned up the positive connector with wire wool.

I have cleared the fault with VAG-COM and when i do th auto-scan now it says 'no faults found'. However the lights are still there, and it still beeps 3 times on startup!!! [:@]

I'm having this problem at the moment, happened after is was try to install a boost gauge, i got a spark, and since then this started to happen, i suspect that is a fuse, but wich one?

please help ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.