Backdraft

What dyno make is being used?
reason I ask is exact same turbo, 2ltr LC(R), 20vt, cams etc on your manifold etc max'd out the 2871 flow quite early on. DD rollers however. 382bhp from memory 1.8bar peak, 1.6bar (nothing left in it flow wise) - drove nice.. spool and torque felt sweet.
Also has SEM, 80mm t'body, and now WMI also.
you will know of the car Alex ;)

Its on a Maha. I think on Indy's car the cams are not working with the setup very well. Is he still running the BMC? He has RMR rather than SEM.

Adams car is still a 1.8, but has a slightly different flowed head to Indy's and is flowed to the SEM. Not just angled the port, but inlarged. Fould that angling really messed up the flow. Its also running a decat and 2.75" blueflame system.

_MG_1607.jpg

Just ran the car at 1.8 peak and 1.6 hold, then up to 2.0 peak and 1.8 hold with the turbo still flowing. Will go out for some more runs in a bit, add the meth to the water mix and pop the timing up. Intake temps stayed at 16 degs at 7.2k on every run so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Mate I hope you have been practicing your driving skills because this is going to be mad to handle. Great build, and fab work from the Backdraft guys!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Its on a Maha. I think on Indy's car the cams are not working with the setup very well. Is he still running the BMC? He has RMR rather than SEM.

Adams car is still a 1.8, but has a slightly different flowed head to Indy's and is flowed to the SEM. Not just angled the port, but inlarged. Fould that angling really messed up the flow. Its also running a decat and 2.75" blueflame system.

_MG_1607.jpg

Just ran the car at 1.8 peak and 1.6 hold, then up to 2.0 peak and 1.8 hold with the turbo still flowing. Will go out for some more runs in a bit, add the meth to the water mix and pop the timing up. Intake temps stayed at 16 degs at 7.2k on every run so far.

2ltr motor outflows what the gt2871 can flow.. thats how indys is.. Cams and additional capacity are consuming the air available out of the 2871.. hence its out of puff
Get on a DD roller and see the difference in numbers you get.. ;)

Indy

MK1 LC Red Devil :)
Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge

_MG_1607.jpg

I'm running an RCM induction but as Bill's mentioned the turbo was out of puff.. with the car being lightened (2 seater) it does go like stink.

l.e.star

Feb 8, 2009
leicester
nice motor you have there butch just read the thread. money well spent.
i was hoping to gain some extra bhp out the engine this year but due to a snowy day and a concreate lampost and a wedding coming up things are on hold.
prob your car that i seen pulling off the lights on st saviours road couple off weeks back sounds nice if it was speacially when the turbo kicks in.

buch bdm 400

Jul 4, 2009
nice motor you have there butch just read the thread. money well spent.
i was hoping to gain some extra bhp out the engine this year but due to a snowy day and a concreate lampost and a wedding coming up things are on hold.
prob your car that i seen pulling off the lights on st saviours road couple off weeks back sounds nice if it was speacially when the turbo kicks in.

cheers mate. was it yu i seen today on nedham street. wer bouts u from if you dont mind me asking

buch bdm 400

Jul 4, 2009
so peed off. car got compounded last night because of no insurance. i dont know why i thought my insurance runs out on the 6th. now i got a 200 pound fine and 6 points. plus 150 release fee and 12 pounds for everyday its in the compound. cant get it out till tuesday [:@]:censored:

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Oh dear bet ur proper pissed off I have had the same thing with not being insured when thought I was lucky the police who pulled me never really done any thing only reason mine wasn't insured as it never transferd over automaticly like it all ways has done was with natwest for over 5 years

buch bdm 400

Jul 4, 2009
aint gonna be driving it anymore cant risk my license only track day use from now on. i missed insurance by two days. why am i so careless:cry:

buch bdm 400

Jul 4, 2009
the thing is i surrendered my license on roadside. he never told me to hand in my counterpart. last time i got three points i had to surrender my license and counterpart at the station.the counterpart is what the points go on. hopefully he lets me off the points. im probably wrong but.....

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Wow, that's really unfortunate, but (without wanting to start an argument) I think that every car whose insurance expires should be inspected immediately. I know some are legitimate, such as yourself, but even so, if you hit someone they'd not be able to claim off of you.

So, without meaning to sound like I'm bitching at you (cos I don't mean to), naughty naughty, don't do it again! :D

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Keeping her for track days will allow you to loose almost 200 kgs of lardy assed weight.
This will be a very very scary beast if it gets stripped

buch bdm 400

Jul 4, 2009
Wow, that's really unfortunate, but (without wanting to start an argument) I think that every car whose insurance expires should be inspected immediately. I know some are legitimate, such as yourself, but even so, if you hit someone they'd not be able to claim off of you.

So, without meaning to sound like I'm bitching at you (cos I don't mean to), naughty naughty, don't do it again! :D

definitely wont do it again. couple days difference and look what position im in now.:cry:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise