Seat Leon Cupra R Front Splitter on standard bumper

Dec 19, 2006
It's pretty easy to fit, fitted one on my LC a couple years ago and it's still on there despite it being scrapped and bumped lol. You have to trim down the 2 centre pillar things as there too tall to fit on to the bumper without it bending the front down, trim small bits off first and keep offering it up then once it all sits flat then All I did was line it up so had equal gaps where it hangs out into the wheelarch taped it on to make sure it looked right then put 2 screws with 2p size washers on it for the 2 centre fixings which go through the centre of the 2 pillars you've just trimmed down then I found that the splitter had plastic that I could secure using screws but make sure you get it even all the way round so one side doesn't poke out further then the other side then once it's all fixed on get a junior hacksaw and trim off the excess parts in the wheel arch area and that's job done. ;-)
Can't remember if I had to trim anything else off it but when you offer it up you'll see which bits will need to trimmed.

Dec 19, 2006
0469f48e.jpg

Nightrider

The Cupra R splitter is really easy to fit to the facelift bumper.
You just need to cut down the central fixing points & then use some self tapping screws through the tags into the bumper.

They are also cheaper to buy from the dealer than off eBay as well. :D

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:

20v roper

Dec 15, 2006
hi, i did this mod to my 51 reg cupra a few months ago, just as described previously really, i used a hacksaw on the larger bits of plastic, but to get the remaining 'lugs' off the splitter i used a scalpel, it was centred up on the reg plate and i used self tappers in nearly all the relevent places on the splitter. i was stunned by the difference this thing made visually to the front end of my car! my hands were covered in blisters and i was nearly late for picking my lad up from school that day but it does look cool. unfortunately my camera will not 'talk' to my computer so i cant post any pics up yet, sorry.:think:

20v roper

Dec 15, 2006
incidentally our drive way at home is quite steep, i did not bargain for getting my splitter stuck the very day i fitted it! but i did, the neighbours were net curtain twitching when they heard the scrape!! i now cant reverse up my drive and have to reverse off it which is tricky, but ill be f••ked if im taking the splitter off or raising the coilies!!!:D

sgtcortez

I've done a poo Daddy
Jul 26, 2009
Cornwall
I mean a standard front end not a cupra. I drive an 04 Toledo 110 tdi se

Yes i know this is the leon forum but at least I can get a hat full of replies here. I have the V5 alloys and maybe a splitter will give a more aggresive appearance. Also with standard ride height scraping will not be an issue.

Cheers all.:)

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Sorry I can't help with a photo, but thanks for confirming that I'd actually understood what you meant :lol:

Have you considered fitting an LC or LCR front to the car?

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
I mean a standard front end not a cupra. I drive an 04 Toledo 110 tdi se

Yes i know this is the leon forum but at least I can get a hat full of replies here. I have the V5 alloys and maybe a splitter will give a more aggresive appearance. Also with standard ride height scraping will not be an issue.

Cheers all.:)

Done this to mine, not the best pic but here you go:

3402455738_496db607bb.jpg

Think it looks great and really smartens up the front end & I prefer it to the later LC/LCR bumper if I'm honest, much more subtle!

Fitting is pretty simple as described in posts above, I pre-drilled the holes with a 2mm drill bit to make screwing it in easier.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.