forge dv where to buy?

kevsn

Feb 19, 2010
Earth
hi all

does anyone know where i can go and buy a forge recirc valve for my leon in the north east.

thanks

kevsn

Feb 19, 2010
Earth
thanks ill try them

i was just being a bit impatient and wanting to pick one up tommorrow and not wait for delivery.

thanks kev

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Revolution in Gateshead might have one in stock..

I'm there first thing in a morning for some new tyres, I can ask for you!!

kevsn

Feb 19, 2010
Earth
yeah

i was going to ring dpm in the morning too there about an hour away from me.

im getting an intermitent drop in boost between the turbo and throttle valve. from what ive been told it could be a split hose or the dv. i reckon its the dv as i cant see any visible splits so i was going to try and change the dv (as its the original and nearly 9 years old) to see if that solves it

kev

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
So can i ask this, the Recirc valve is the same as a flutter valve and makes the funny noise?? Just that's the type that i wanted and i wanted to know what they sound like.

Also the Forge 007p DV, i read that it doesn't make a DV noise and that its silent. How true is this?

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
No i am thinking more like this sound...

I cant post links yet BUT if you search youtube for chatter valve sound then click on the corsa VXR link and listen to that.

Sorry about the supid ass questions but i need to ask

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
This one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsDJswBKZS4

Thats looks just like a piston Bailey atmospheric valve?

Closest thing you'll get to that would be something like the turbosmart or the GFB 50/50 hybrid that recirc and make a noise.

I personally can't see why the 1.8t can't run that bailey valve if its the twin piston version as its not metered air.......but I'm not arguing with the thousands of people on here who say you can't :cartman:

A forge 007p will also make a noise if you have a open cone air filter.

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
No its not that link i will be able to post it soon enough lol as i will be at 15 posts haha

Its sounds different than a usual DV but i cant put my finger on the sound. Sorry for giving you the wild goose chase too. I will post link as soon as i can fella...

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
This one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsDJswBKZS4

Thats looks just like a piston Bailey atmospheric valve?

Closest thing you'll get to that would be something like the turbosmart or the GFB 50/50 hybrid that recirc and make a noise.

I personally can't see why the 1.8t can't run that bailey valve if its the twin piston version as its not metered air.......but I'm not arguing with the thousands of people on here who say you can't :cartman:

A forge 007p will also make a noise if you have a open cone air filter.

i agree adam, y cant the 1.8 t take that bailey dv. it doesnt make sense as on a normal dv the air goes bk into the air intake. but if u take it away ( put a atmospheric dv on) the car still sucks air from the air intake if that makes sence. in other words how do our cars no were the air is coming from when it goes to the same place(tip). some 1 clear this up for me

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
So that sound it makes is just a USUAL sound that a DV makes when it goes off multiple times?

No thats the sound one with a slightly tight spring makes with a big foam filter :cartman:

You'd prob hear that noise form most filters if you only revved it a little bit and had the bonnet open.

Twiggy86

New Here, Old There
Mar 2, 2010
Stockport
ahhh ok. thanks for the help dude. I am looking at buying a new DV but i am unsure what to buy or where to buy from but i will keep my eyes open. I think alot of people suggest the Forge 007p one, are they "made" for the 1.8 20vT engine?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Not just for the VAG engines there also used on Sabbs etc but yeah there made as a recirc 'direct replacement' for the Bosch valve

Very good valve tho I run one myself.

Get a nice open cone filter and it will make more noise :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members