does a seat sport strut brace fit 56 reg. cupra tdi?

craig_87

really want one but how hard/easy is it to fit?

totally new to this seat carry on so be gentle, have tried to search for info on here but can't find any...: (.

the left hand side has a huge metal box over the mount.lol

so don't want to purchase if it doesn't fit.

ta!

craig

May 22, 2009
South Wales
ye it does fit! the metal box your on about controls the boost - just unscrew the 3 nuts and take it off! try not to pull the boost pipes off tho because they got to b put back in the right place! make sure that you order the one for the mk4 (has 6l @ the start of the part number)

easy modification and looks cool

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
yeh it will go on, you 'may' have to slightly trim the top of your engine cover but that might just be for the 20vT. bear in mind though, from what i'm told by many people that have this... its PURELY an aesthetic mod and it does very little/nothing at all to improve handling. With that in mind, you can get the forge polished brace for less and its adjustable! OMP do a lower strut brace for the same money and its aparenty quite good. on my list!

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
the strut brace only really comes into effect when cornering under slightly higher speed...gives it a tad more tightness (i've just taken mine off as it's going in for a service soon so been testing it out to see what it actually does)

but for real tightness and less roll you'll need front upper and lower along with a rear lower...oh and slammin if that's your thing ;)

craig_87

lol. nice one fellas thanks for the replies. have taken it on board. to be fair i have been looking at the omp upper and lower struts on ebay and cost less than the seat sport one.
hmmm well gonna have to think now eh?lol.

what else is recommended for modding my cupra tdi then (other than clutch upgrade and re-map).

craig_87

nice one!!! cheers for that guys! anyone know of a seat sport strut for sale????lol

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise