Removing CD changer and creating a usable glove box.

iknownothing

I just took my cd changer out. Rung my local seat dealer for a lining, he said they don't do them try ebay. cant find them on ebay. anywhere else you can suggest guys/

J0N

Defected!
I just took my cd changer out. Rung my local seat dealer for a lining, he said they don't do them try ebay. cant find them on ebay. anywhere else you can suggest guys/

You could give your dealer this part number and ask for a 'stowage box'.

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

iknownothing

You could give your dealer this part number and ask for a 'stowage box'.

Found that part number on here earlier. THe dealer said they don't do them and can't order them any more. :cry:

john.waterman

i got one from ted johnson last week, they have a forum section, and they will post it to you.

tatt2dude

Any news? Is the part still available or not? Mine keeps on coming up with CD error all the time so the space looks like a good option.... so next question which head unit to go for?

mutant_matt

Jul 15, 2002
London
Seeing as I've only ever read the forum and used the information, I thought it was finally time to give something back.

For anyone interested, I've just removed my 6-disc changer, due to all the CD Error problems ('03 20VT), and replaced it with this:

www dot addacdchanger dot co dot uk / USB_Products /USB_kits_for_Factory_Stereos/Seat_USB_Adapter/Seat_USB_Input_Adapter_for_Factory_Stereo

I didn't want to change the head unit, but wanted easy access to as much music as possible. This CD Changer emulator seemed to fit the bill, is cheap and works really well. Very pleased with it! :)

I also like the fact that it has a USB and a 3.5mm audio in jack, so you can literally connect almost anything up to it.

Hope this helps someone! :)

Matt.

(had to obfuscate url as I don't have enough posts)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.