What to get after a TDi

Owen Snell

I am thinking of changing my Leon FR150 for something newer and maybe bigger. What have you changed to from a Leon TDi. Did you stay on the dark side (diesel) or go for petrol, what type of car and why the change?

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
I went bigger:

Fordranger.jpg

And i fancied a change of brand as my last 3 cars were seats.

I stuck with diesel because owning a petrol 4x4 is madness, unless your a drug dealer.

Owen Snell

Just about :D how come you wanna change your leon then?

Firstly, I have had it 4 years and fancy a change. Secondly, I could do with something bigger.

When I was younger (1980s) I used to get through 3 or 4 cars a year, but it's too much hassle to change now. Recent car history is Saab 9000, Mercedes A Class, Citroen Xantia, Alfa 33, Mitsubishi and Toyota people carriers, Rover 620, Citroen Dyane and before that lots of repmobile Cavaliers & Mondeos. A bit of a mixed bag really.

It took a long time to decide on the Leon, but it ticked most of the boxes at the time, looks good and was available at a decent price pre-registered. I like it, which is why I need to think of something good to have a reason to change!

Owen Snell

Have you had a go in an Exeo ST? much bigger and you'll get alot for your money or you can jsut get a planet killer like me :D

I can safely say that I've never seen one about - always a good thing in my book - but it doesn't really stand out in the looks department.

Owen Snell

Didn't catch on before, now I get the Hill-Billy signature line!

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Octavia VRS TFSi - loved mine, but one of the cars had to go (we had 3) and I preferred the Leon. Excellent value, plenty of tuning potential, and a bit of a street sleeper (the Octy!).

Last edited:

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
I had mine 5 years & was in the same mindset as you (wanted something bigger).

I ended up buying a Freelander 2 HSE - picking it up today :)

2j47o92.jpg

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Yes mate, I even got 40mpg on the way home today (140 mile).

It's a fantastic car, enough toys to keep me occupied for weeks lol

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
I'll post some up later on mate after the match.

14 speakers in the car & 7.1 surround sound. DVD's also look/sound great in the headrests.

The handling is very light, which I see as a plus, but others wouldn't. Ride is perfect, not too soft or firm, and the leather seats are so comfy :D