DV relocation question

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
Yes I have a metal T-piece just need to know what else i need if i get the flexi hose

Also what size is the flexi hose do you have a link to the ebay auction you got it from?

Thanks

Righttoe

100% Welsh *******
Jul 21, 2008
Bexleyheath, UK
You also need ontop of that metal T-piece -

Flexi Hose (follow link above - should be 25mm)
25mm 90deg joiner, you can see it in the pics on page one(where the flexi hose meets the tip - small black joiner)
60mm silcone hose to join the metal T-piece to throttle body
Small length of 25mm striaght silcone to join DV to metal t-piece (although you could use some of the flexi stuff if you want to save money)
A 25mm metal plug to close up the old hose that comes off the alloy pipe that runs across top of engine!

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
Thanks thats the picture I was after

Will have a scout on ebay for the bits or is a forge specific stuff i need

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
Well heres my shopping list all off ebay:

25mm 1" Straight Silicone Hose - £5.74
60mm 2 3/8" ID Silicone Coupling Joiner - £5.40
Blanking Plug / Bung 25mm - £4.49
T-piece (off another member) - £10

Total - £25.63

Just need to flexi hose but not paying bloody £30+ can't i just use some garden hose lol
And some B&Q copper 90deg bend lol

Also how do forge get away with charging £100+??

Apr 15, 2009
Midlands
Well heres my shopping list all off ebay:

25mm 1" Straight Silicone Hose - £5.74
60mm 2 3/8" ID Silicone Coupling Joiner - £5.40
Blanking Plug / Bung 25mm - £4.49
T-piece (off another member) - £10

Total - £25.63

Just need to flexi hose but not paying bloody £30+ can't i just use some garden hose lol
And some B&Q copper 90deg bend lol

Also how do forge get away with charging £100+??

Got my flex hose off ebay for about 22 quid iirc

This will be fine instead of the b&q copper elbow too
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1-x-1-25mm-FL...den_PondsWaterFeatures_UK?hash=item563260acea

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Am i right in saying that if a DV is set to run fully recirc i would have to remove the trumpet completely and use the blanking plate?

I was told that having my turbosmart turned all the way to hard it running recirc not atmos:confused:

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
I tried that the other day and only got a sharp short noise, well more of a murmer

Was wondering the same as surely its more or less blanked off

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Well mine isnt blanked off & its turned all the way to hard & it dumps loud as F£$% but its just that i was told having turned all the way to hard, dv is in recirc mode?

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
Not sure

Its been an ongoing thing only getting 10psi max

Got remapped in November and not had much power but only fitted boost gauge a few weeks back

Nothing coming up on vag-com and I have replaced the N75 valve and still nothing, been to garage who have tested all lines say no leaks etc

So going down to see will at Performance torque on Monday to see if he can find the problem as when i showed my logs on this forum ppl were saying it was a weak map so who knows, maybe its a ghost in my ecu

But this might be why I am not getting much noise from my DV even after trying 2 different ones!!!

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
Hmm seems like a weird one there Doug. I had a boost problem a few months ago & it turned out to be the N75 at fault. Now that ive replaced it my car peeks at 1.4bar (WTF) was my 1st thoughts but im loving it really but it still puzzles me as to where an extra .4bar has come from as it used to hit 1bar & stay there until the redline.

Do u have fmic fitted as this made my big difference to the sound of my DV?

Dougy

Ibiza Cupra R
Dec 10, 2008
Yorkshire
FMIC will be coming next once I get the car running right just one problem after another lol

On the upside most of my pipes came today to relocate the DV just waiting on the short 25mm pipe and the coupler.

So hoping the car will be looking nice tomorrow after been in the bodyshop then can do my bits of fettling before go down to ptorque on monday

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Make sure your N75 is the right way round dougy, try it plumbed the opposite way to waht it is now an see if that makes a diference.

The only way the turbosmart will be fully recirc is with the blanking plate fitted :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.