Tom Boardman, Club SEAT/Special Tuning UK

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
Well, I'm kinda glad that at least 1 Leon will be coming out to play this year, (Special Tuning UK site says they aim for 2......................good times)

Great to see Boardman back on UK turf in the BTCC.

Question is, if they push the secong car out, who's gonna be sitting in it?

Jones or Shedden are obvious choices, but there are still a lot of faces that haven't shown themselves yet.

Who would you like to see driving it.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Someone with enough budget that will pedal a touring car in the manner intended (into each other) rather than a penny strapped back runner because they won't knock a mirror off.

But realistically someone with some talent & ability rather than a rich dad.

FSiLeonMike

Apr 26, 2007
Knocked off mirrors and racing to win m0rk, you wouldn't mean Flash would you? ;) I think he'd do well, fastest lap at Brands in Race 3, doing great he collected blue chevy paint and ended up in the dirt

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Someone with enough budget that will pedal a touring car in the manner intended (into each other) rather than a penny strapped back runner because they won't knock a mirror off.

But realistically someone with some talent & ability rather than a rich dad.

Adam Jones?

Leonidas

btcc10022002-a.jpg

btcc10022002-i.jpg

First test!

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Knocked off mirrors and racing to win m0rk, you wouldn't mean Flash would you? ;) I think he'd do well, fastest lap at Brands in Race 3, doing great he collected blue chevy paint and ended up in the dirt

if he ment sheddon it would'nt be just mirrors, it would be bumpers doors front and rear ends;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Thinking about it. Sheddon had some 'Club SEAT' money last year too.

Possibly a pair of cars, but I imagine STUK will want £££ to subsidise Tom

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
As I understand, Shedden owns his car, so if the Boardmans have another at their disposal, plus Adam Jones has his machine, then potentially there could be four Leons out this year, budget permitting?

FSiLeonMike

Apr 26, 2007
As I understand, Shedden owns his car, so if the Boardmans have another at their disposal, plus Adam Jones has his machine, then potentially there could be four Leons out this year, budget permitting?

Not sure, but I think Jones' engines are well past their rebuild time, and pretty shot to ****. He'll need a bucket load of money to wheel his car out this year.......but never say never, remember, a week before the start of the '09 season, we all thought Plato would only be at the BTCC as a spectator. Anything can happen

According to the official BTCC site he is. ;)

On another note Hannah, you showing ya face at Media day tomorrow?

You know better that to believe everything you read! It's not that it's not true... I just think it's more complicated than it's made out to be.

Not making to to media day:cry:....up to eyeballs trying to get things ready for the first round and get more sponsorship in...:)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members