Plato news imminent!

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
It might not of been the news most people were expecting, but its good news all the same.

Congratulations are in order for Mr Plato and his 'growing' family.

JP just tweeted the following:

Watch out there's another Plato about! Zia Jessica Plato bounced into our world at 10am on the dot Weds. Mum was amazing, Dad on cloud 9.

:thumbup:

Thats an awesome name ! Congratulations.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Excellent news, also taken from Btcc Crazy

Today came the news which we were all anticipating since the turn of the new year as today Chevrolet announced that they would be entering a works team in the BTCC this season. Chevrolet will be fielding a two car line up with Jason Plato and Alex MacDowall driving the Chevrolet Cruze’s prepared by Ray Mallock Limited (RML).

The team have kept their main sponsors from last season and subsequently will be named Silverline Chevrolet for the 2010 season. The news comes just a day before the teams will be showcased at the Media Day at Brands Hatch which marks the first official test session of the new season.

“I always had confidence that teaming up with RML again last year would mean wins – the Chevrolet Lacetti of 2009 was a formidable piece of kit. Now in 2010 we have manufacturer support from Chevrolet, continued support from Silverline and a very exciting new car in the Cruze,” said Plato.

MacDowall will be making the step up from the Renault Clio Cup, following in the footsteps of the Team Aon driver, Tom Onslow-Cole. “To compete in the BTCC has been my goal for some time and it’s a great feeling to not only be entering the series this year but to being doing so with such a competitive and experienced team as RML is a great opportunity for me. I’m really excited for the season ahead – the Cruze has proven its pace and reliability in WTCC and from the initial test last week there’s no doubting that it will translate well in the BTCC. I’ve no doubt I’ll have a lot to learn in my first season, but with RML, the works-backed Silverline Chevrolet Cruze and the expertise of Jason, I think we’ll have one of the strongest teams on the grid.”

The team will be using the same car which is used in their WTCC programme which proved to be successful in 2009. ”The Cruze has already shown itself to be a superb racing car in the World Touring Car Championship,” said Chevrolet Managing Director, Mark Terry. “So the decision to enter it in the most high profile series in the UK was made much easier. We’re looking forward to an exciting season, and one that will raise the profile of both the Chevrolet brand, and the style and dynamic appeal of the Cruze – a car that has already proven to be a success both on and off the track.”

The teams first outing in the Cruze came last week as the team headed out to Oulton Park where both Jason Plato and Alex MacDowell got track time in the car.

The news comes just days after Honda Racing confirmed their intentions in the BTCC making Silverline Chevrolet the second official works team for 2010.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I don't have a driver to follow in the BTCC this year, so I'll be looking forward to Plato and Neal knocking lumps out of eachother like the old days, seeing as they're the two main big name drivers taking part.

They have a website at www.chevroletbtcc.co.uk

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Got a very good driver in Alex McDowall anarl. It was most of the second half where he lost if for me.
Did poorly in the World Series (22nd and 18th), got a DNF in round 16 and was 5th and 6th in Rounds 17 and 18.
If he had got a podium in both World Series races and just generally got maybe 2-3 more podiums elsewhere, Alex, for me, would have pushed Phil Glew to the end.
I would say they were virtually neck-and-neck in terms of results the rest of the time. They both pretty much spent most of the season on a podium.

Alex was on the podium 12 times and Phil 18 times. Alex was of it on 8 ocassions and Phil was of it just 2 ocassions. So you can maybe see the difference with just 2 or 3 more podiums. Alex probably would have got closer to Glew's 561pts than his 445pts.

Expect Alex to push hard.

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
Mr Plato was on form today, having watched the testing today i think the season is going to be one to watch, oh and i had my old seat sport tshirt signed so im dead chuffed

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.