Service due so could ask the guy to check in advance of catastrophe :whistle:

Cam belt is every 60k yes?

Jonesy

Leftie and Proud
Sep 27, 2004
Pig Hill
Fantastic :clap:

Suppose it's only 21k a year.

Which model is it? (Too many questions!)

Facelift Mk1 Cupra

had 1 CV joint replaced,
blew coolant hose on M4 - no damage :D
1 new battery
Exhaust clip welded several times
and hen just the usual bulbs, brakes tyres etc

Oh and slightly faded :redface:

Other than that all in all best car I've ever had!

Just wondered what, if any, was likely to be the major component likely to fail fisrt?

FRESHMODE

FRESHMODE
Oct 9, 2008
Staffordshire
170,000 Thats quality, I thought my 98000 was a lot for an 03. You must take good care of it

Have you never had a water pump problem? If not i'm surprised ha ha

I'd imagine wheel bearings may be a bit sticky by now they may need changing

Hopefully your clutch/gearbox and seals will all be ok

Jonesy

Leftie and Proud
Sep 27, 2004
Pig Hill
Forgot the water pump, that was changed after about a year under warranty :redface:

as for taking care of it, I just drive it how it was meant to be driven ;)

robbob

Leon Cupra
Jul 24, 2008
Portsmouth
A mate of mine has a Audi A3 1.8T which will just tick over 200k this weekend. With no real major issues, had to replace the steering rack tho, cv joint and the usual bits and pieces.

Good luck for the next 30k shouldnt have too many problems

dapcourt

Getting quite excited myself as my 02 Tdi is currently on 299,460 - my next fill of diesel will take me through the 300K barrier. It's still giving mid-50s mpg, although that got up to 60+ recently when a leaky rad prompted me to keep the revs down for a couple of weeks.

Apart from the leaky rad, which is now fixed, I also had to fit a new exhaust last October. MOT is due in April.

Edited to add : my air-con also broke after a couple of years and I had to pay an independent to fix it.

Edited again to add : I've just noticed that I've been a member since I bought the car but have only posted 6 times... :-(

AJ.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Getting quite excited myself as my 02 Tdi is currently on 299,460 - my next fill of diesel will take me through the 300K barrier. It's still giving mid-50s mpg, although that got up to 60+ recently when a leaky rad prompted me to keep the revs down for a couple of weeks.

Apart from the leaky rad, which is now fixed, I also had to fit a new exhaust last October. MOT is due in April.

Edited to add : my air-con also broke after a couple of years and I had to pay an independent to fix it.

Edited again to add : I've just noticed that I've been a member since I bought the car but have only posted 6 times... :-(

AJ.

299,460 :blink:

Good effort!!! :clap:

How many miles you done yourself in it?

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Condition > mileage every time.

It's just a number..

Definitley! When I was hunting around for Leons I saw some examples half my mileage (around 40k) and were a right dog to drive and obviously had not been looked after & not serviced properly.

Mine's nearly 90k and previous owner was a company and it had full SEAT service history, no expense was spared and it still drives like new now :D :funk:

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Unfortunately it's a number insurance companies use to not give you anything like what you need to replace your car if need be.

mjt

Jul 12, 2008
High mileage usually means motorway miles, which puts little strain on the car compared to stop-start town traffic.
Helps keep the interior mint too.

grannontdi

im well proud of mine now i didnt even consider seats. Its a 2000 1.9tdi se with only 120k on the clock, fsh and all that. im getting 57mpg round town dont know if thats the remap best part only paid 1700

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.