Buying a new FR

Louie089

Mar 8, 2010
Birmingham
Hi all, being a first time buyer I'm looking for a little feedback on my recent visit to the dealers. To cut a long story short I'm looking to get an Ibiza FR 1.4TSI with a sunroof, tomtom setup and Furia Grey paintjob (colour debatable). The overall cost was something in the region of £16.5k but I manged to drop them to 16k flat with a full tank of fuel and a few mats.

Can anyone tell me how good or bad that quote was based on anyone's previous experiences (I'm new to the whole haggling game), any additional extras that go well with the car and help between which colour to go for seeing as I'm swaying between Furia Grey and Track Grey, pictures would awesome :happy:.

Thanks in advance!

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
Mats come free with the car. You might be able to get the Seat loyalty £1000 off. I know the deal ends on the 31st but some people have managed to get it applied to factory orders.

Louie089

Mar 8, 2010
Birmingham
@ farrar, I was expecting that would be the case but a tank of fuel can't be standard surely?

@ Nick, I asked whether there was one in the lot available but unfortunately there wasn't. On the website it does look a lot nicer than Track admittedly but nothin beats seeing it first hand. I was considering either Orange or Yellow, but the missus was dead against the Orange whereas the Yellow looks a little dull imo.

NicksGotAFR

May 31, 2007
South London
i was considering orange, but i reckon it would possibly make it harder to sell on when i eventually decided to change car. plus i didnt want to order a colour that i hadnt seen in real life.. oh and i reckon people who dont know cars well would just presume it was a focus ST :( i prefer darker colours, more stealthy lol

Louie089

Mar 8, 2010
Birmingham
Tbf I've only ever seen the Orange on an ST and I was impressed but for the same reason as you I'd be concerned over trying to sell it at a later date. The Furia does look decent. The dealer had mentioned that he'd only ever seen one Furia.

Louie089

Mar 8, 2010
Birmingham
I think the black would have made the sunroof indistinguishable and I wanted it to stand out but saying that Im not sure how much the grey will hide it or even if they will look good together. I hate choosing colours so many considerations *sigh*.

MacFever

Nov 30, 2009
Brussels
My FR is track grey and I am very happy with the color
Leather interior is very nice ...

Cupra2.jpg

FR_Rob

Is In Love with Power!
Mar 13, 2010
Warwickshire
Hi all, being a first time buyer I'm looking for a little feedback on my recent visit to the dealers. To cut a long story short I'm looking to get an Ibiza FR 1.4TSI with a sunroof, tomtom setup and Furia Grey paintjob (colour debatable). The overall cost was something in the region of £16.5k but I manged to drop them to 16k flat with a full tank of fuel and a few mats.

Can anyone tell me how good or bad that quote was based on anyone's previous experiences (I'm new to the whole haggling game), any additional extras that go well with the car and help between which colour to go for seeing as I'm swaying between Furia Grey and Track Grey, pictures would awesome :happy:.

Thanks in advance!

i ordered my cupra last week and managed to get £250 off, tank of fuel, and first service free. That took me 2 days so i'd say you did pretty well. :)

Octane2097

Naturally Aspirated
Jan 20, 2007
South Yorkshire
go for luna grey,

FRTSI1.jpg

:funk::funk::funk:

infact dont cus i think its the only one! (on this forum anyway lol)

i managed to get £100 knocked off mine and got them to pay the gap insurance

Louie089

Mar 8, 2010
Birmingham
@ Macfever, the car's looking very nice. I reckon it would look even better a little lighter, I'm happy with my choice of colour now. I'll probably opt for a leather interior sometime in the future as I'm curious to see and feel the difference in comfort... if any lol.

@ FR Rob & Octane, from what I can remember the guy said that because the FR, Cupra n Boc are all 'premium' models they aren't obliged to carry out the standard 10% discount. But a gentle push of a cash paying customer seemed to blow that boat out of the water. Im pretty happy with my results looking at some of the replies here. Cheers fellas.

mainaman

Feb 19, 2010
London
Hard to get a decent discount on FR/Cupra,being a VAG premium low volume model.

For comparison,Clio 200 can be had with 10% off,but nowadays the list price of the new Renaults exceeds VAG's:rolleyes:

Marcato

According to Parkers, the mats are a change to the standard equipment from 2010. Also noticed the 1.6 petrol now has lower emissions and improved fuel economy over the older models too.

Fingers crossed only a few weeks now!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.