The Ibiza's replacement....

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Just cleared a few pictures off my phone, appears my phone camera is really pretty much broken altogther now! I only need it to last one more month and it's due for upgrade.

Anyway! :D

Gave it a clean the other day. Washed it, clay bar'd it, HD wax'ed it. Here's the result:

Photo1193.jpg

And a few beading pics:

Photo1191.jpg

Photo1194.jpg

Photo1195.jpg

And a few pictures to amaze a few people on here! I was certainly VERY surprised by the latter:

Photo1187.jpg

Photo1190.jpg

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Hmmm... how have you managed those figures then? :think: Thats way more mpg than I'm getting!

Whens your exhaust turning up then? Bet you can't wait! :p

Also, car is looking very well looked after as ever ;) Mine is in need of another wash, but it has some protection on it at the moment so the dirt should come off fairly easy :) No insurance at the moment so it's stuck on the drive anyway til later this week and since I'm off uni I've no excuse not to wash it! Bought a sub for the boot last week so I'm in the process of box building :D

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Hmmm... how have you managed those figures then? :think: Thats way more mpg than I'm getting!

Whens your exhaust turning up then? Bet you can't wait! :p

Also, car is looking very well looked after as ever ;) Mine is in need of another wash, but it has some protection on it at the moment so the dirt should come off fairly easy :) No insurance at the moment so it's stuck on the drive anyway til later this week and since I'm off uni I've no excuse not to wash it! Bought a sub for the boot last week so I'm in the process of box building :D

That was doing a 24ish mile trip at pretty much 50mph all the way. I'd say you should get onto yours and get it gleaming. Bet you cant get it as clean as I could get my Ibiza. :bleh:

I hope the exhaust will have turned up by Friday so I can fit it on Friday. :D

And why didnt you buy my sub and box when I was trying to sell it? :lol: Still got my boot build sat in the front room ;)

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
That was doing a 24ish mile trip at pretty much 50mph all the way. I'd say you should get onto yours and get it gleaming. Bet you cant get it as clean as I could get my Ibiza. :bleh:

I hope the exhaust will have turned up by Friday so I can fit it on Friday. :D

And why didnt you buy my sub and box when I was trying to sell it? :lol: Still got my boot build sat in the front room ;)

I had no money then, and I have no money now lol. The sub was bought across the pond when I was on holiday. Costs came out the spending money ;) How did you make your boot build anyway? I've already got a sheet of MDF cut to the shape of the boot which just slots in, but it weighs a tonne and all it was doing was holding my amp in place which is now on the back of the seat. Was your sub a 12"? Cos mine is only a 10", so if I got your boot build now it would fall straight through the hole lol :lol: My sub box is pretty much complete now, all I gotta do is cut the hole for the sub, and screw and seal the top on. It'll need covering at some point but I can't do it all at once. How about you just give me your boot build since all its doing is taking up space ;)

As for cleaning... I reckon I could, but my alloys are kerbed so it'll never look as good in that respect. I should do a proper wheels off clean really, but the weather is crap so theres no point at the moment. The neighbours down the end of my road are having buliding work done at the moment too, so the street is covered in mud which will ruin the look of my car in 5 seconds lol :cry:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I had no money then, and I have no money now lol. The sub was bought across the pond when I was on holiday. Costs came out the spending money ;) How did you make your boot build anyway? I've already got a sheet of MDF cut to the shape of the boot which just slots in, but it weighs a tonne and all it was doing was holding my amp in place which is now on the back of the seat. Was your sub a 12"? Cos mine is only a 10", so if I got your boot build now it would fall straight through the hole lol :lol: My sub box is pretty much complete now, all I gotta do is cut the hole for the sub, and screw and seal the top on. It'll need covering at some point but I can't do it all at once. How about you just give me your boot build since all its doing is taking up space ;)

As for cleaning... I reckon I could, but my alloys are kerbed so it'll never look as good in that respect. I should do a proper wheels off clean really, but the weather is crap so theres no point at the moment. The neighbours down the end of my road are having buliding work done at the moment too, so the street is covered in mud which will ruin the look of my car in 5 seconds lol :cry:

My boot build was made very DIY. :lol: Big 3x3 blocks of wood screws onto a sheet of MDF. Not gonna win any prizes for best looking build, but looks fine once it's in! :D

My sub was a 1400W 12incher yes! I've sorta grown out of the sub stage now. Dont miss is anymore either. Didnt see the point carrying extra weight, when all it did was fall over! :lol:

Who kerbed your alloys? You? :bleh:

I do a wheel off clean pretty much every big show. When I got my wheels refurbed I put some paint protector and some wax on the wheels (inside and out) to try to prevent the big black build up of brake dust. My car is a bit dirty again, but luckily silver is 100000000000000 times better than black to keep clean :D

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
My boot build was made very DIY. :lol: Big 3x3 blocks of wood screws onto a sheet of MDF. Not gonna win any prizes for best looking build, but looks fine once it's in! :D

My sub was a 1400W 12incher yes! I've sorta grown out of the sub stage now. Dont miss is anymore either. Didnt see the point carrying extra weight, when all it did was fall over! :lol:

Who kerbed your alloys? You? :bleh:

I do a wheel off clean pretty much every big show. When I got my wheels refurbed I put some paint protector and some wax on the wheels (inside and out) to try to prevent the big black build up of brake dust. My car is a bit dirty again, but luckily silver is 100000000000000 times better than black to keep clean :D

You can never grow out of a sub, they add so much to the music if used properly! My sub is only 400wrms which is plenty for me. I need som velcro to keep it still I think, my box could be a bit front heavy making it fall at every left turn lol.

It was me that kerbed my alloys. Got forced onto a kerb by a ba$tard cyclist :censored: Since that day I've given up trying to keep my wheels pristine as they're never gonna be perfect without a refurb.

Mum has a silver car, it always looks clean. You only have to show my car a cloud and it looks like its driven through a quarry! :ban: Trouble is, black looks 100000000 times better than silver when its clean. I guess I'm just running out of enthusiasm at the same rate as I'm running out of money.. which is pretty quick :cry:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
You can never grow out of a sub, they add so much to the music if used properly! My sub is only 400wrms which is plenty for me. I need som velcro to keep it still I think, my box could be a bit front heavy making it fall at every left turn lol.

It was me that kerbed my alloys. Got forced onto a kerb by a ba$tard cyclist :censored: Since that day I've given up trying to keep my wheels pristine as they're never gonna be perfect without a refurb.

Mum has a silver car, it always looks clean. You only have to show my car a cloud and it looks like its driven through a quarry! :ban: Trouble is, black looks 100000000 times better than silver when its clean. I guess I'm just running out of enthusiasm at the same rate as I'm running out of money.. which is pretty quick :cry:

That's true, subs dont need to be deafening but can add a lovely punch. Mine used to fall over everytime I booted it! :lol: Was a right pain in the bum!

I hate cyclists!!! The worse ones are the one gits that just pull out on your from a junction. You're going down the straight road, with right of way, they come straight out of a junction in front of you. I must admit, I get as close as possible to them - "Keep your elbows in!!!" :lol: Rules of the road apply to them too....

Black does look amazing clean, but I found with my Ibiza the stone chips were just getting to me too much! :(

R1ch85

Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
That's true, subs dont need to be deafening but can add a lovely punch. Mine used to fall over everytime I booted it! :lol: Was a right pain in the bum!

I hate cyclists!!! The worse ones are the one gits that just pull out on your from a junction. You're going down the straight road, with right of way, they come straight out of a junction in front of you. I must admit, I get as close as possible to them - "Keep your elbows in!!!" :lol: Rules of the road apply to them too....

Black does look amazing clean, but I found with my Ibiza the stone chips were just getting to me too much! :(

Tell me about it, EVERYTHING shows up in any light! I give cyclists a wide berth usually, they're not afraid to knock your mirrors or stick a foot out every now and then. I should know, I've been cycling alot lately lol.

Will be getting some extra strong velcro to keep everything upright :)

barney501

1/4 mile - 14.75 @ 92.84
Oct 8, 2009
Bath
Looking good as ever ash. Adjusted my coilys earlier and hav put them on the fourth setting now instead of the sixth and the ride is sooo much nicer ride.

Deleted member 13581

Is it on yet? Videos!!!!! :lol:

Should look and sound amazing on.

You wont need a sub anyway with the sound of V6 belloing from the rear with the exhuast on.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Looking good as ever ash. Adjusted my coilys earlier and hav put them on the fourth setting now instead of the sixth and the ride is sooo much nicer ride.

I think I set mine to 1 or 2!! Still was a nice ride! I found them very comfy coilovers actually! Just a shame they weren't stainless...

Why isn't the exhaust fitted yet? ;)

Cos unlike you, I had a job and have been working! :lol:

Gonna get it in the garage in a min, get under it and spray up the bolts I need to be un-doing - hopefully they wont be such a bitch to undo tomorrow then! Here's praying for a 2 hour job tops!

Is it on yet? Videos!!!!! :lol:

Should look and sound amazing on.

You wont need a sub anyway with the sound of V6 belloing from the rear with the exhuast on.

Course it's not on yet. :lol: Tomorrow - tomorrow ;)

Im going to love the V6 - it sounds good now. But when the Milltek is on, should sound like amplified thunder :D

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Stunning! I've been thinking bout one of them too. Seriously..whats it like on the juice?

Thanks buddy!

Well, depending on what speeds you're doing and how you drive. My trip to work consists of about 5 miles of motorway at 75-80mph then dual carriageway and a bit of 30mph for the last 8 miles. I get between 27mpg > 31mpg. That's driving carefully. Give it some juice and it's more like 24mpg. Properly cane it (which I havent done continuously) and I'd have thought you'll see 18mpg. I've heard people saying they've got such figures as 8mpg before! :lol: I tend to get 300 miles to the tank, no matter what fuel I use. And a tank is best part of £60. That's with fuel at 114.9. Probably gone up now! :(

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
It sounds MINT! :D

Under load is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice. The V6 really purrs now. It's not too loud in the cabin either, just the way I like it! No problems fitting it, just getting the old one off was a bit of a pig! :lol: Overally took 1.5-2 hours. And loads of these :D now!

I'm off for a drive. :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.