Starter motor squeel

Acksaw

Confused
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle, Staffs
www.acksaw.com
Hey guys, got my car back, reparied from a Cat D write off, with the pay out I was able to fix it for £50 :D with none genuine seat parts though, only cosmetic stuff..

Since getting it back I've noticed a squeel when I start the car and asking a few friends it turns out its the starter motor, I've been told to disconnect the battery and take out the starter motor and give it a spray of GT85 which is, for those who don't ride push bikes, similar to WD40 but doesn't leave a sticky wet residue..

Is this a good idea or will it be better to replace the starter motor? Also, how easy is it to get to? The guy I spoke to said it was 3 bolts and its off

mark.w

My car used to squeel when it started up, i went to the local garage and my mate said top the oil up. After doin so the squeel went away.

Don't know if its the same problem your having but maybe worth a try, after all its always best to start with the cheapest fix :D

rallyslag3

Mar 23, 2007
Hi guy's it just the starter motor common vag problem. re move the starter blow it out with an air line or you may have to replace it no bigy tho