Status
Not open for further replies.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I cant give enough praise to the paradas, for the money they have to be the best on the market, i much prefer them to the GSD3's.

Thanks for that - cost is a big factor for me, I just don't have the money to throw at my car like I used to, sign of the times really, so I can't go for the top end tyres. The Yokohamas come in at a great price, around £375 for 4 tyres. Hankook RS2's are £460, Goodyears around £400 so the Yoko's are great value for the dry grip they offer.

cuprak04

Stage 3 Mk3 Cupra 280
Sep 11, 2007
glasgow
I'm looking at Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics and Hankook RS2's - nobody has the Goodyears in stock so I'm more than likely going to go for the Hankooks. I've had the RS2's before and dry grip is immense, Camskill class them as a trackday tyre too.

Rob, I am using F1 assyms on my cupra R, the grip is good. Dont like potholes though!! but what does. :)

These don't mind them so much...

2PanzerPaintBNPS_468x306.jpg

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Might just go for a set of Paradas then!

I fitted a new turbo gasket today (big thanks to Awesome GTi), turns out one of the manifold-to-turbo bolts was loose, don't know if the engine movement has caused this but I have a set of track density mounts on the way from INA, hopefully should help. I'm going to get some Nordlock washers for the 3 bolts to stop them coming loose again.

Here's a couple of quick engine bay pics I took after I'd finished fitting the new gasket today:

engapr101.jpg

engapr102.jpg

cuprak04

Stage 3 Mk3 Cupra 280
Sep 11, 2007
glasgow
Engine bay is still looking spotless. I like that intake manifold, do you think it flows better than the EBD racing one I used to have?

cuprak04

Stage 3 Mk3 Cupra 280
Sep 11, 2007
glasgow
thanks, sorry, i just checked the website and noticed they do a bigger one now. Not sure if mines getting that or the TIP pipe 1st. Decisions, decisions....lol :D

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
my 2p worth on the tyres... the prada spec 2s are by far the best gripping tyres I have had in the dry, truly awesome! :D but in the wet one of the worst I have had! :( so much so that I stick to faulken 452s now as for the British weather I think they are a very good allrounder especially for the money!

When mike at jabbasport last drove my car after tweaking the map he commented to me just how bad the pradas were in the wet!... now I must imagine he has driven a fair few tuned 1.8Ts in his time in the wet!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.