engine light on `

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
hi
left the ibiza parked up for last 2 days and now when i start it the engine light comes on plus the car is shuddering badly. also there is loss of power when setting off. anyone know what it is or can recommend a place in sheffield to look at it

twin2189

Feb 4, 2010
im not sure but i had exactly the same problem today was a ignition coil, engine manegment light, juddering and loss of power, cost me 18 quid for a new one from gsf, im sure they got one of those in shefield

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
is there a way to see if its definetly the coil and also did you fit it in yourself?

deebow

Oct 2, 2009
does anyone know how to test the coil pack to find out which ones faulty as ive read up on changing it and it seems easy so if i can i rather try sorting it out at home before handing it in somewhere

Zappa

Mar 19, 2010
I had this same problem when cleaning the spark plugs.

I would recommend taking the plugs out at seeing if they are still good.

Stick them back in if they are and look at the coil packs. I didnt click mine in properly the last time and that's why I was getting bad shuddering, check one hasn't come loose.

If not then your best bet is to leave it in somewhere

Replacing coil pack is about £40 i think

sydoggkdy

Jan 23, 2008
Kirkcaldy!!
does anyone know how to test the coil pack to find out which ones faulty as ive read up on changing it and it seems easy so if i can i rather try sorting it out at home before handing it in somewhere

did this the other day! unplug them one at a time! if it gets worse and car almost stalls then that one was fine, but if it remains the same then that ones broken!

worth giving SEAT a ring for parts as I got one from VW dealer and it was cheaper than everywhere else i checked.

si

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Maybe not the right time for this bit of advice, but here it is anyway, buy a basic scan tool like the Gendan VAG one direct from www.gendan.co.uk £40 delivered, it will tell you what the problem is normally and if its a coil it will tell you which one it is. Remember this might happen again with one of the other coils - so maybe be prepared.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise