day lights?

monsterevy

so has anyone fitted these "so called" day lights!

if so show us your pics!!

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I have day lights they are just my night lights turned on in the day.
Do you mean the led strips that you stick to the car?
Sure someone did them on here.

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
IMO retro fitting DLRs on old cars that arent meant to have them will look shite!!
Its almost as bad as Angel Eyes on a saxo

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
I was just about to write the same , unless they come out the factory like it then don't bother crashing through halfords to fit a set ,

Gordz

Caught The Mod Bug Again!
May 31, 2007
North East
Even Audi's look sh*t now with those led lights just down to the fact that every single chav has them now.

I think audi should have just kept them on their R8 and RS models. Kinda ruined the exclusivety and coolness of them by chucking them on every car! And now every manufacturer is jumping on the led strip sidelight band wagon.

Oh and the 'definition' of day lights is when just your front sidelights are on, and your rear lights aren't.

waylander

Best point of LED strip lights if one LED goes the whole strip must be replaced and those things ain't cheep..
Total rip off.

I do need to do something with my headlights as the standard lights on my FR are complete junk...

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
HIDs aren't really for being on durin gthe day though are they?

DRLs will be a legal requirement in 2011 for all new cars.

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Tbh why do you need lights on it the day lights are for "lighting up things " now pretty sure that big yellow hot thing in the sky gives out enough light so you can see , I admit I love them on audis but aftermaket kits look cheap and nasty since the car wasn't made In 2011 they are not needed

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Tbh why do you need lights on it the day lights are for "lighting up things " now pretty sure that big yellow hot thing in the sky gives out enough light so you can see , I admit I love them on audis but aftermaket kits look cheap and nasty since the car wasn't made In 2011 they are not needed

I agree completely with them being unnecessary, always was confused about them old Volvos that always had lights on.

Apparently though DRLs reduce accidents for cars. Not pedestrians or cyclists though. And if you use headlights all the time you can increase fuel usage by 1.5%.

waylander

With volvo in Sweden you legally have to have the lights on all the time cos of the light conditions.

thats where it orignally comes from as far as i'm aware

Jun 26, 2008
Just round the corner.
I had the led strips on my LC, but got bored of them.
I was looking to get the Porsche 997 Turbo DRL, but there bloody pricey!
The SAAB lights look good, as there just a continous strip.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members