ZBOYD's Cupra.. First M.O.T. Will it pass? Yes it did :)

Will ZBOYD's Cupra pass its first M.O.T?

• Pass - It PASSED

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Fail

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Just dropped off the Cupra for it's first Her Majestys inspection....will it pass, stay tuned.

In the meantime I've done a fun poll..

I'm having a glass half empty week this week :headhurt: so I'm expecting a fail on something, possibly the APR exhaust. :whistle:

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Re: ZBOYD's Cupra.. First M.O.T. Will it pass?

don't say that..if your APR exhaust fails then my exhaust would too :( ! got mot tomorrow!

I'm hoping not, though its got a little blow at the back where it joins the centre pipe, clamp needs looking at we think.

I'm just having a pessimistic week, everything seems to be going wrong for me this week...so I'm expecting a fall :doh:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide

Pass.
:D

Z, if mine can pass with the only advisory being my front suspension being set at its lowest point, Im sure your's should pass too
:D

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester

can't have the good without a bit of bad first i reckon so i've gone for 'pass' [B)]

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location

Just dropped off the Cupra for it's first Her Majestys inspection....will it pass, stay tuned.

In the meantime I've done a fun poll..

I'm having a glass half empty week this week :headhurt: so I'm expecting a fail on something, possibly the APR exhaust. :whistle:

with the milage you do i would be shocked if it failed , but of course you have had a service recently right ? :blink:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net

with the milage you do i would be shocked if it failed , but of course you have had a service recently right ? :blink:

Serviced every 12 months, and got a brake fluid and oil change earlier this year in addition to its last service in 2009.

Done just over 9900 miles. :cartman:

Its not had its 3rd year service yet, mainly because I've not had time, but I can't see it being a contributing factor. Aiming to get it done in the next couple of weeks the service indicator has only just flashed up. Service in 18 days or 7600 miles. :D

I usually take it over to Ted Johnson's, but just have not had the opportunity to get it over to them at the moment. As the MOT is now due, I decided to drop it off with the testing station near work so at least its got the official paperwork sorted.

I will probably take it to Awesome though for its service, its got so many modifications that they have fitted, it seems a bit pointless to go to the dealer for its 3rd year, may as well book it in at Awesome.

si-mate

Jai Ho or Jay Ho?
May 31, 2004
Kunt Centryside

I voted pass as knowing how much you love that car nothing should be amiss.

You've just reminded me that I need to SORN one of our vehicles that failed a week ago as we're struggling to find some HT leads for it and won't be able to get it MOT'd in time :(

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
No advisories either, but that exhaust is still blowing. A job for Awesome.

I bet the tester looked at the mileage and went are you having a laugh...PASS!!

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Nice one! Mines is in tomorrow for its first MOT so finger crossed (35K on it so far) I am having a similiar week to you Mark...everything is half empty and everything I do seems to be wrong with someone down the line.
Hopefully it won't cover the tester in soot when he does the smoke test :lol:
Alex