window tinting......?

craig_87

elo peeps!

firstly thanks to those guys who replied to my vents thread, all are now fitted :funk: and it was quite easy actually! was suprised!!!!!!lol

so, am getting my windows tinted wednesday on my red cupra tdi.....

what im wondering is as im sure alot of you have had it done is wat the best tint shade is best on one...

was looking at eitha limo black (95% tint) or 80% tint...

whats your opinions??? anyone links to your motor pics would be much appreciated!!

cheers

craig

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
80% rear is more than enough IMO. I have 50% on the front windows so it looks a bit more even. No trouble with the police yet, touch wood.

DSC02731.jpg

craig_87

av u got 80% thn??? i thought that limo black on red would look a bit too nasty like a van ya kno???lol
limo black on a black car is better suited for sure. had that on my old saxo vts.

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
av u got 80% thn??? i thought that limo black on red would look a bit too nasty like a van ya kno???lol
limo black on a black car is better suited for sure. had that on my old saxo vts.

Yeh, 80% rear, 50% front, looks good IMO :D but I am biased lol :p

craig_87

lol true. fink i'll go 80% then.

won't get the fronts done though, fuzz are really hot on that round my way.....: (

oneofthetwins

Born Slippy
Apr 16, 2009
Banknock
Yeh, 80% rear, 50% front, looks good IMO :D but I am biased lol :p

White caps will *hag ya but if they catch you with them.. cars looking sweet but :drool:

I have 80% tints but the guy who done it said its 20% light it lets in or something :confused: so watch out because he thought i said 80% light lets in if that makes sence compared to 20% light so it would have been a lot lighter then i would have wanted if that makes any sence at all :)

craig_87

ha ha fair enough, am typing whilst cooking and don't want to burn my lunch!!lol

craig_87

White caps will *hag ya but if they catch you with them.. cars looking sweet but :drool:

I have 80% tints but the guy who done it said its 20% light it lets in or something :confused: so watch out because he thought i said 80% light lets in if that makes sence compared to 20% light so it would have been a lot lighter then i would have wanted if that makes any sence at all :)

yeah makes sense an 80% tint will let in 20% light.

craig_87

ha ha nothing special mate rice, chicken and barbecue sauce.......mmmmmmmm

awesome!

Deleted member 13581

Here is mine.

Ive got 50% on the front 2 and 65% on the back 2. (% is light blocked)

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

Feb 24, 2010
London
Tommorow is the day, have narrowed my options down to two lol... Any last help would be crutial to me, Any pics of combinations

30% Front and 15% Back or 30% Front and 20% Back, any last minuit advice will help Thanks

Deleted member 13581

If your going 30% on the front i am going to say your going to get lots of attention by the Police.

I take it the % figures your saying is light blocked, yes?

Feb 24, 2010
London
If your going 30% on the front i am going to say your going to get lots of attention by the Police.

I take it the % figures your saying is light blocked, yes?

other way round i thin light passed, because, the higher the % the lighter the tints (at the place where im geting it done) they have 5% which is classed as limo black, then it goes lighter, 15%, 20%, 30% and 35% is the lightest they have got. From one of their show cars, 35% did not look dark to me at all, it just slight darker than factury, only can tell if you put factory windows next to those, hope you get what i mean

Deleted member 13581

Sorry, i got myself confised. Thats what i meant.

Well, my back windows above were 35% light passing through and they will be too dark for the front i think. Going to get unwanted attention.

Feb 24, 2010
London
Thanks for the advice, have you got any pics of yours? a few months ago someone tha i know has been checked by police and their tints were letting 30% of light through the windows, therefore had to be removed, the thing is, to me, they have looked much darker than 30% tint which is at this tinting garage, by having it 30% tinted does that mean the AVLT is 30% or it is just reduced by 30% from what ever it is now?

Deleted member 13581

See above for pictures of mine.

By law, there must be at least 70% of light coming through the windows in front of the B-pillar, but there is no limit to the % of light coming through behind the B-pillar.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.