Advice please - starved of oil - £3329.74!!!

Gunnie

Sep 9, 2009
Merseyside
if it was starved of oil i'd have change the full lump. god knows what other damage has been done to the crank etc

For a bill of over a grand i expected to have my car back running to perfection as it was before it all happen. Ive only took advise of the main dealer.

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Hindsight is always 20/20 but I'd have sourced a new engine and had it fitted. This is a complete nightmare. Generally speaking, non-franchised independant garages (or back street garages) have a great deal more experience carrying out full engine rebuilds and engine swaps. A lot of so called "technicians" at the main dealers are nothing more than glorified Kwik Fit fitters. Fine for doing tyres, brakes, exhausts and servicing but I wouldn't trust them to do anything more serious. A cambelt change is the most I'd allow them to carry out on my car and that'd only be if I didn't have time to do it myself and didn't have a trusted local garage that I could get to do the work.

I suppose you're stuck with them now as they'll need to put right what they've done wrong but maybe something to think about in the future.

Gunnie

Sep 9, 2009
Merseyside
Hindsight is always 20/20 but I'd have sourced a new engine and had it fitted. This is a complete nightmare. Generally speaking, non-franchised independant garages (or back street garages) have a great deal more experience carrying out full engine rebuilds and engine swaps. A lot of so called "technicians" at the main dealers are nothing more than glorified Kwik Fit fitters. Fine for doing tyres, brakes, exhausts and servicing but I wouldn't trust them to do anything more serious. A cambelt change is the most I'd allow them to carry out on my car and that'd only be if I didn't have time to do it myself and didn't have a trusted local garage that I could get to do the work.

I suppose you're stuck with them now as they'll need to put right what they've done wrong but maybe something to think about in the future.

I hear what you are saying im here now so see what next week brings as soon as they sort it i need to find someone decent to have it checked over............

midgetgem

Jul 20, 2006
Carlisle
If i were you, i'd be getting in touch with citizens advise and see where you stand because this garage sound like a right bunch of :censored:! They're supplying sub standard work, damaging your property whilst in their care and charging you the earth for the pleasure. it's just not cricket!

Gunnie

Sep 9, 2009
Merseyside
I honestly think there not good enough to do a job like this,servicing cars is what they do.

See what next week brings:confused:

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
if my engine goes like this,i would probably make the money spent fixing it worth while, like getting it forged, or bored out to a 2.0L or something awesome.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise