What's a TIP

Cupra Ross

Breaks things............
May 15, 2005
Edinburgh, Scotland
Turbo Intake Pipe.

Here is a standard (metal and rubber) versus an aftermarket silicone one:

160_0603_11z+Volkswagen_Jetta_A4_18t+Forge_And_Stock_Turbo_Inlet_Pipe.jpg

Look at how narrow the standard one gets at the bottom, this along with a tendency to collapse under high boost is why people replace them with silicone variants.

Last edited:

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
haha I know I should know these things by now, I was embarrassed to post the question at all! I'm not really mechanically minded, more computers, so I only learn the bits I need when I need to know them.

Thankyou for the information.

It seems to me looking at those pics, that the 'uprated' one would be cheaper to produce with it been one piece, so why put a...poor version on?

Sheffboy, reading that post multiple times still cracks me up :)

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
haha I know and aI tell people often, but I searched for 'tip' and got a lot of 'anyone got any tips' as in help or, a lot of advice on replacing the TIP but all were abbreviated so didn't really help at all. I even searched Google for 'what is a tip car' and that only, again, provided tips as in help.

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
haha I know and aI tell people often, but I searched for 'tip' and got a lot of 'anyone got any tips' as in help or, a lot of advice on replacing the TIP but all were abbreviated so didn't really help at all. I even searched Google for 'what is a tip car' and that only, again, provided tips as in help.

true just done it, pretty useless in this case but i did find this thread:

link

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
Well done, better at searching than I.

I used to think, bear in mind I'm in my late 20s and been online since 1997 when there was only really yahoo chat boards and ICQ messaging, that LOL meant Laugh o Lot.

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
Well done, better at searching than I.

I used to think, bear in mind I'm in my late 20s and been online since 1997 when there was only really yahoo chat boards and ICQ messaging, that LOL meant Laugh o Lot.

to be honest, id seen that thread before :D

im not far behind you, im 24 :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.