auto fold in mirrors

22ssingh

May 10, 2010
ROCHESTER, KENT
Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my 1st post, so I just want to introduce myself.
I'm 18 year old male (nearly 19) and drive a mk2 seat leon stlyance 1.6 (which I paid fully myself as I work hard :D)

So thats that, my question was that do all electric fold in mirrors fold in by holding the lock button on the key? because mine doesn't seem to work :( they both fold in when I flick the knob to the fold in possition, but doesn't with the key, does anyone know how exactly I'm supposed to do it?

PS. sorry if this has been asked already

My 2009 FR folds the mirrors in if I hold the lock key on the remote down for about 4 seconds. But if I move around or away from the car while holding down the button, it rarely works. I need to hold in roughly the same position as I hold the button down for it to work. Dunno why, but there you go.

What model year is your car? It may be that older versions didn't have this feature via the keyfob, or perhaps you might need to get the feature enabled using VAG-COM or similar..?

I'm sure someone who knows vaguely what they're talking about will be along shortly to offer some more useful advice... welcome to SCN! ;)

Lee Edgecombe

Photoshop ;)
Mar 16, 2009
South Wales
(which I paid fully myself as I work hard :D)

good for u mate :) im 19 and done the same with mine, ye i would have thought so. Especially if they fold in with the knob thing inside. They should just fold in after holding the lock for about 3 seconds. Maybe the battery in the key?? maybe? Mine doesnt work sometimes if i dont 'aim' the key at the car.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Have you tried the switch inside the car being set to different positions, I may be wrong but think that maybe it has to be to left or right and not on "Heat".
Just a thought as I can't be bothered to read the manual!!!

Good point Bedlam. And you shouldn't keep the setting on heat anyway IMHO, as it will save power and no doubt it doesn't do the mirrors/heaters much good to have them heated constantly. (If you have some faint OCD tendencies like I do, your brain will tell you to keep the switch in the middle position for symmetry - but you should overrule yourself on this occasion!) ;)

22ssingh

May 10, 2010
ROCHESTER, KENT
My 2009 FR folds the mirrors in if I hold the lock key on the remote down for about 4 seconds. But if I move around or away from the car while holding down the button, it rarely works. I need to hold in roughly the same position as I hold the button down for it to work. Dunno why, but there you go.

What model year is your car? It may be that older versions didn't have this feature via the keyfob, or perhaps you might need to get the feature enabled using VAG-COM or similar..?

I'm sure someone who knows vaguely what they're talking about will be along shortly to offer some more useful advice... welcome to SCN! ;)

mine is a 55 reg 1.6 stylance, I would think it should work on this model because they do fold with the knob thingy:confused:

22ssingh

May 10, 2010
ROCHESTER, KENT
good for u mate :) im 19 and done the same with mine, ye i would have thought so. Especially if they fold in with the knob thing inside. They should just fold in after holding the lock for about 3 seconds. Maybe the battery in the key?? maybe? Mine doesnt work sometimes if i dont 'aim' the key at the car.

Thats great :D good to see hard working youngsters like yourself and I ;)

I will try aiming the key at the car in a bit and see if that works mate

22ssingh

May 10, 2010
ROCHESTER, KENT
Have you tried the switch inside the car being set to different positions, I may be wrong but think that maybe it has to be to left or right and not on "Heat".
Just a thought as I can't be bothered to read the manual!!!

I have tried it with the switch on heat, left and right, doesn't seem to work :confused:

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Good point Bedlam. And you shouldn't keep the setting on heat anyway IMHO, as it will save power and no doubt it doesn't do the mirrors/heaters much good to have them heated constantly. (If you have some faint OCD tendencies like I do, your brain will tell you to keep the switch in the middle position for symmetry - but you should overrule yourself on this occasion!) ;)

Agreed, mine is always on "RIGHT" so I can fold them both down when preserving my alloys when parking

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I'm pretty sure this is a VAG-COM enable trick.

You can get a cable for about £25 and download the software for free.

Check out the 1p VAG COM cable thread .

ross27

Mazda 3 MPS
Mar 22, 2009
Glasgow
Early models, such as my 55 plate "Sport", do have folding mirrors but cannot fold with the key fob. Check the VAG COM guide in the Mk2 Leon FAQ, im sure DanGB said he couldn't do it on his either.

BAGZ

Oct 8, 2009
bathgate west lothian
jst try'd this,
hold lock butten on key for 3 secods the car locks and the mirrors fold in and if the windows are down they go up :D hold the unlock butten for 3 seconds car opens and the windows go down :D

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
jst try'd this,
hold lock butten on key for 3 secods the car locks and the mirrors fold in and if the windows are down they go up :D hold the unlock butten for 3 seconds car opens and the windows go down :D

Yep mine too.. and as Nath says.. Sunroof too :)

Since i knew about this from a thread a long time ago.. I always lock the car and hold the lock button to fold in mirrors :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.