LED sidelights

Rob McCool

Sep 15, 2009
Birkenhead
I purchased a set of LED w5w canbus sidelights from autotronic,when I fitted them they worked for a few seconds then went out-autotronic have been very helpfull when I phoned them and they sent me a second set but the results where the same.My car is a 2008 leon, Has anyone else sucessfully fitted a set of LED sidelights to one of these?

Xav

Mine did the same, I have a 2008 Cupra.
They come on for a few seconds and then switch off

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
a couple of us seem to think the Can-Bus error can be sorted without using resistors!!!!

On VCDS There is an option to turn OFF Cold Diagnostics on all of the bulbs which we seem to think it will stop the error light coming up and mean you can use normal bulbs

Just need to test this with my HID's when i get home

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Are these as easy to install as the DRL bulbs? I've change mine to get rid of the yellow look bulbs but when my zeons are on, there is still a small sidelight that is yellow!

GCupraK1

like to see a pic of the led lights working on the front, as i mite considered a set for mine

hedgehog-harvey

Mar 7, 2010
I got a set of LED sidelights from F1 autosport as robin cur and dazjb69 suggested-brilliant!!-cheers lads.

Im having issues with mine, whenever I start my car it reports left sidelight is out. I then need to turn the lights to off from "auto" then onto Sidelights wait for the light to go off and then put it back on auto

its very odd

i've swapped the bulbs over, same problem

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
Im having issues with mine, whenever I start my car it reports left sidelight is out. I then need to turn the lights to off from "auto" then onto Sidelights wait for the light to go off and then put it back on auto

its very odd

i've swapped the bulbs over, same problem

Still no problems with mine but then i ain't got auto lights maybe this throws up more errors from different checks??

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I had the same problems with some so called Can-bus friendly ones. In the end I bought a vag-com cable and disabled the cold diagnostics for the lights and it's all good.

Benzy

Jan 30, 2010
bagz what year is yours? i have a 57 plate and want to get some

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.