14% hike in road tax, I'm disgusted !

revere

Nov 10, 2009
Glasgow
6 months on a 225 Cupra R is now £134 from the £118 it was 2 weeks ago. I so disgusted by this. We pay a fortune for what, the roads are ****, the never get fixed, are full of pot holes and they use the lowest grade tar mac to fix them when they eventually do !

Online Number 10 petition at the downing street website anyone ????

Last edited by a moderator:

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
lol been there and look it's getting worse, the price we pay for a luxury huh. . . .

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
With the Liberals now part of the coalition pushing the Tories for more action on the environment, you might want to consider yourself lucky its just a 14% increase.

The performance car will never win friends with any government nowadays, because of the seen to be green crusaders.

Alternatives instead of road tax? More Tax on fuel, or Road Pricing, Tolls etc.

Bearing in mind lack of investment in public transport, huge increase in the amount of traffic over the last 20 years and an under developed road network.

Its crap, but its not going to get any better and if its too expensive then the most any government will do is point you at the cheaper, greener, incentive driven 'souless' ECO alternatives.

revere

Nov 10, 2009
Glasgow
Its crap, but its not going to get any better and if its too expensive then the most any government will do is point you at the cheaper, greener, incentive driven 'souless' ECO alternatives.

Ar******s if you ask me !

Ashmeister_UK

*****!

This is why guy fawkes should be hailed as a national hero.

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
It's not surprising, we're in one of the highest bands to force us to cheaper alternatives. Moaning about it just reinforces their ideas, best way is to carry on regardless.

Also, I'd think the Tories would be more inclined to not punish us with this seen as most posh people have more polluting cars.

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
All this has changed quite rapidly. My running costs today in a Cupra TDi are roughly the same as they were 4 years ago in a 200BHP Ibiza and a heavier right foot. Coupled with increased cost of living, I'd not want to go back to a petrol today, and I don't see that changing unless my income increases substantially to bolster it. Not likely!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.