thinking of changing my fr tfsi to a cupra

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
Hi, as baove really, thinking of trading n my fr tfsi for a second hand cupra.
I bought my Aug 2008 fr for £13995 1 year and 12,000 miles ago as an ex-demo from seat. ive been saving for a wedding and honeymoon which unfortunately wont be happening anymore, so i have a bit of money in the bank, and there a few cupras on sale in northern ireland from £13-16,000 at the minute.
my fr has a full milltek, and an itg inake, with superchips stage 2, which would be around the 260-70 mark, while stage 1 on a standard cupra would be around the 270-280 mark. I'm just wandering about my intake and exhaust, would i be able to use these on the cupra even topugh its a k04? i think a slight modification might need to be made or the itg, but its the exhaust im worried about as its the more expensive part, and once i have these on a cupra its a cheap enugh jump to stage 2+anyone know if these parts would work?
I also have sportlines, can these be swapped too?

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
the exhaust should be fine im 99.99% sure of that and the ITG will have to change but not all you will need to change one part of it to suit the k04 but won't need to replace it all other than that everything else can be transplanting from your old to new :) hope this helps

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
you can have both the intake and the exhaust, but you have to change the original DV for a forge one with the spacer so you make 100% blow off as you wont be able to recirculate with the intake you have.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
thats not too bad, the forge valves arent that expensive anyway, and i take it theyre no harder to fit than the oem revision d upgrade anyway? also have to get a new tail pipe for the milltek, like the single oval for the cupra rather than the twin pipes on the fr, might just go for a custom stainless steel part?
going to wash the car today and take it to the dealers, see what its worth and what i can get a cupra for

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
the ITG kit comes with an additional part to fit the K04 (think it's about 20 odd quid from memory). The rest of the kit should be fine.

The exhaust should also be a direct swap (unless you looking at a K1 with centre exit)

Suspension setup is also the same I believe on the DR and Cupra with 55mm mounts so cant see why you cant just swap them over.

Sounds like a good way to get yourself to stage 2 quickly with little outlay :)

2zeroalpha

Chippin at the chalkface
Feb 12, 2008
Yorkshire
It's worth it if you get a half decent trade in on your FR. If you have the FL engine which is now mapping up to 260-270 on stage one alone, I would be more dubious about the benefits, however the change to the cupra will allow you to see some serious gains. Stage 2+ is easily within reach for you as all you need is the pump and then you'll be churning out anywhere up to 360.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
thats exactly my thoughts 2zeroalpha, mine is the tfsi 200 so the gains will be much more than the fl model, and 360hp is very tempting. have to have a serious think though, going for a test drive his week to see the cupra and talk about prices and trade in value etc

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
ok so, it took a while longer than i had planned to get around to doing this, but went for a test drive today in a cupra, one year older and 10,000 miles more than my fr, but very nice. everything i have should swap over as mentioned above. what you guys think? im seriously considerin it

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
the exhaust is a straigt swap. the Intake however isnt. you would need the k04 turbo to MAF housing silicone pipe from ITG. this has the DV takoff bung on it that is required on the k04 engine. other than that everything else should swap directly right across

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
thanks simon, anyone got any idea how mmuch this piece would cost to buy from itg? i tried calling but the guy andy who deals with the intakes etc is on holiday until tuesday. the revision d or whatever is the latest oem dv, will this still work then?

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
think so, although they he k04 didnt really have h issue of DVs failing as much as the k03. the k03 issues were a result of it being so hot on the turbo

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
the exhaust is a straigt swap. the Intake however isnt. you would need the k04 turbo to MAF housing silicone pipe from ITG. this has the DV takoff bung on it that is required on the k04 engine. other than that everything else should swap directly right across

Its the same hose on both the K03 and K04 ITG kits. Its just that the K04 hose has a Revotec bung added. These are about £15-£20 direct from Revotec. The bungs work very well too.

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
thanks simon, anyone got any idea how mmuch this piece would cost to buy from itg? i tried calling but the guy andy who deals with the intakes etc is on holiday until tuesday. the revision d or whatever is the latest oem dv, will this still work then?

Yes the latest piston Divertor Valve (RevD) WILL work with your car and its easier to fit because of the relocated DV pipes :) located near the front air intake scoop (OEM).

Hope this helps.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
thanks for the replies, some useful bits of info there.
anyway, its a done deal, should be getting the cupra at the start of the week sometime. got the quickshift and the intake off yesterday, just the springs, exhaust and dv to go. uninstalled the bluefin yesterday and rang to superchips to see about reseting it for free as it was around a year ago that i got it. i told the guy it was roughly a year, and he said the period they would change it for free was exactly a year to the day, past that it would cost me. when he checked it, i got it on the 19th of june 2009 and was changinng it on the 18th june 2010. lucky that

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.