Alarm chirp

co004

Hi All,

Using VAGCOM I've turned on my alarm chirp which is basically the horn being sounded very quickly and quite frankly sounds pony.

At the same time I turned on the alarm chirp on my mates Bora, and he has a nice, proper alarm sounding, high pitched chirp!

Does anyone know if it's possible to fit a Bora alarm horn and wire the Leon up to it?

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
do they have different sounding horns when used normally? sounds like your leon uses the regular horn as the alarm and his maybe has a separate one. what are the years of your cars?

Last edited:

Phillc

Love is....Yellow
Apr 23, 2007
Pershore, worcestershire
We where talking about this a while back Lee, my alarm is a horn which is seperate from the normal horn, it sounds like its behind the dash. i think some later leons had the chirp type alarm.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yeah mines under where the wipers are, can feel it vibrate when used.
TBH any 12v siren could be used can get some from maplins i'd have thought.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I got the horn under the wipers [alarm horn?] and horn at NSF behind bumper [normal horn?]

My alarm chirp is the crappy normal horn and sounds pants.

cupradan

Original Shinto...
May 12, 2004
Huddersfield
so your door lock chirp uses the normal horn not the alarm horn? nowt we can do to change it then cos we can have an alarm blaring when we hit the horn :lol:

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
There is a VAG-COM coding to change the country of use for the alarm, it's meant to change the tone to fall under various countries ideas of what is considered a nuisance. I wonder if changing the country might also change the lock chirp?

As far as I know, there's about half a dozen different countries, but not all of them are different. There's definitely more than one though.

Mine is the standard horn, I can't remember whether the alarm itself is also the horn or not.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise