I NEED HELP :( EPC & Engine management light

spanishescapes

Hiya lads. I'm hoping someone can help me. I've had problems with my 04 plate leon cupra tdi since i bought it. Engine management light always coming on and car going into limp mode. Recently, it stopped coming on and began to drive like a dream. A few days later, i checked the oil level and found it to be low, I put just a pint of oil in because i wondered if the low oil had anything to do with the car driving ok again. As soon as i had put the oil in it started to do the same:- ie management light on and limp mode. Having had it on a ramp, I noticed the sump plug had been bodged and gunked up with silicone. Dont know if this is anything to do with it but i thought id mention it. Any help will be massively appreciated as i love the car but its niggling the hell out of me. ps. car has been remapped to around 190 bhp

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Doubt thats oil related to be honest. Vagcom will tell you what the fault code is causing the light.
Lot's of things can put it in limp mode so really need to plug it in.

When the EPC light came on in my car it was just the clutch pedal switch, but that doesn't chuck you
in limp mode.

Emlyn

spanishescapes

i know what you are saying mate i just find it very strange that it started again as soon as i filled the oil up again. it does have a bit of an oil leak from where the sump plug is gunked up. i have just drove 40 miles and it didnt happen once again.ill try fill the oil again in the morning and see if this makes a difference. when it was plugged into the vagcom it was coming up with boost pressure valve fault. cleared it, and the light came straight back on. when it was on the ramp, we realised a bit of oil coming out of the turbo pipe which is at the nsf corner of the car. mechanic said this is common after remapping to so high. could it be oil in the turbo????? i dont know.

spanishescapes

ps. when in limp mode i leave it in gear when moving and switch the key on and off then its ok again, sometime for a while sometime for a few seconds only

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
Really need to vag-com it.

Have you got the standard DV could of been the diaphram that has gone causing a leak and limp mode etc.

emlyn11

Oct 28, 2008
Surrey
Vagcom said boost pressure valve. Thats probably the issue then, it will have nothing to do with the
oil mate honestly. Most turbo's start to let a little oil through after a while so as long as the inlet isn't
full of oil you should be ok there. Someone has probably stripped the thread in you're sump.

Get the garage to re-tap it for you and price up a new n75 valve or whatever the equivelent is on you're
car. If you go on vagcom the code will probably be up again if its been in limp mode again.

Emlyn

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members