ChrisGTL - MK1 LCR 225 - Going from APR to REVO

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
hmmz something dont sound right there with the noise and if 1 side is different to the other.

with the air filter ive got the neuspeed P-flo kit on mine with heatshield very good air filter and give a good sound , not over the top im sure some 1 on the TT fourm did a whole load of filter tests and said that was the best filter for power. so i got that 1 lol

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
I actually managed to take a pic this morning........from my Blackberry so not a brilliant pic..

Before
Side1.jpg

After
firstmoddedpic.jpg

secondmoddedpic.jpg

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Cars sitting well there Chris, its strange seeing a 'complete' LCR in black.

I'll have to get my car polished again to show its true self

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Cars sitting well there Chris, its strange seeing a 'complete' LCR in black.

I'll have to get my car polished again to show its true self

Believe it or not mine hasn't been polished....just washed. Suprisingly i've managed to go 18 hours without no bird poo landing on it!!!! RESULT!!!

The car is looking great chris! :thumbup:

You still thinking about what filter to go for?

I've made my mind up, going for a Jetex cone and Jabba heatshield. My current BMC CDA sounds great on idle and low down but its restricting my MAF readings over the Jetex filters.

Cheers araz, its a great toy around the twisties now..........so glad I got the Neuspeed ARB's :)

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Just waiting for delivery of my Jabba heatshield (not bought it so much for the cooling but because it holds the open cones in place very well and looks nice)

Had a TOAD alarm fitted with the glass breaker addons, much louder than the OEM alarm so might actualy wake up if it goes off now.

Taken the fogs out, lower the intake temps :)

Next on the shopping list are:-

10mm rear spacers
Rear window tints
Ferrodo DS2500's
Tarox discs

Next year i'll be getting FMIC and DP/Exhaust doing = stage 2. :)

Last edited:

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
You don't mess around do you, thats some very nice you've done there. The stance looks awesome, it looks pretty low, are you having any issues with it being that low?

Keep up the good work fella!

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
You don't mess around do you, thats some very nice you've done there. The stance looks awesome, it looks pretty low, are you having any issues with it being that low?

Keep up the good work fella!

The only problem I have is creating traffic james behind me when I come across speed-bumps. I literally roll over them which doesnt create a problem with my car, just people behind me getting road rage! :D :D

There are a couple roads near me which I wont attempt to drive down due to them been quite steep and leveling out at the top.....I think it will bottom out on these kind of roads.

Apart from that, no problems at all. :)

Thanks for the nice remarks!! :) :)

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
car looks gorgeous mate.

Totally agree about the bird **** comment. I think black cars are an arse magnet to our feathered friends

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
Here I am to start my second progress thread.

2005 1.8T LCR 225 - Ebony Black
Engine Code: BAM

DOA: 13/03/2010

Side1.jpg

Front.jpg

Rear.jpg

Mate you have bought a very very nice car. I am saving up for a black LCR 225 model, if full-time job and my racing goes well I am planning to have LCR on my drive by this time next year. I CAN'T WAIT :D

I want to do the following mods to it....

- Milltek Resonated cat back exhaust.
- 6000k HIDS
-AMD Stage 1 remap.
-18" RS4 alloys
-FMIC

I am looking forward to seeing your LCR when it's all finished and modded up :D

you got msn?

Chris :)

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Mate you have bought a very very nice car. I am saving up for a black LCR 225 model, if full-time job and my racing goes well I am planning to have LCR on my drive by this time next year. I CAN'T WAIT :D

I want to do the following mods to it....

- Milltek Resonated cat back exhaust.
- 6000k HIDS
-AMD Stage 1 remap.
-18" RS4 alloys
-FMIC

I am looking forward to seeing your LCR when it's all finished and modded up :D

you got msn?

Chris :)

Hi Chris, top name you have!! :D

My MSN is [email protected]

Thanks for the thumbs up!! Best car i've ever owned, just can't believe how hard I can push it now :D Love it!!

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
Jetex Cone Filter on!! :)

DSCF1731.jpg

The sound is comical, its sounding very similar to a boost leak lol.

Standard Airbox /w Paper Filter VS Jetex Cone - MAP
AirboxvsJetex.jpg

Standard Airbox /w Paper Filter VS Jetex Cone - MAF
AirboxvsJetexMAF.jpg

Hi Mate.

Your Jetex universal cone filter looks nice mate. Blue stands out. I said to one of the guys on here that I am saving up for a black LCR 225 and wanted to know the best filter for the cupra r? Alot of people on here said Jetex and looking by the results on the graph it's good and true. I hadn't heard of Jetex filters before i asked on here, i was looking at ITG Maxogen filters as my mate who's gt a green Focus RS 2009 version has got a Maxogen filter, but I will go with you guys and purchase a Jetex cone filter.

Won't your filter bring in warm air from the engine heat as it's not covered with a shield or carbon casing mate?

Once again it looks nice and hope it's running well on your LCR bud:)

Chris

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Chris, get it on the track, its ridiculous how hard you can push the car with ARB's and suspension upgrades

Need better pads/discs before putting it onto a track, but can't wait to see what it can do on the track. So glad I had the powerflex bushes done at same time too - feels spot on!! So much confidence round the twists now :D

Hi Mate.

Your Jetex universal cone filter looks nice mate. Blue stands out. I said to one of the guys on here that I am saving up for a black LCR 225 and wanted to know the best filter for the cupra r? Alot of people on here said Jetex and looking by the results on the graph it's good and true. I hadn't heard of Jetex filters before i asked on here, i was looking at ITG Maxogen filters as my mate who's gt a green Focus RS 2009 version has got a Maxogen filter, but I will go with you guys and purchase a Jetex cone filter.

Won't your filter bring in warm air from the engine heat as it's not covered with a shield or carbon casing mate?

Once again it looks nice and hope it's running well on your LCR bud:)

Chris

I'm just waiting for my Jabba heatshield to come and then the Jetex is going back on. I'll miss the rumble noise from my BMC CDA but the logs I did with Jetex have been the best so far. I don't think heat into the air filter is such a big issue, its the intercoolers that are important.

I've never heard anything about the ITG Maxogen so really can't comment.

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
Need better pads/discs before putting it onto a track, but can't wait to see what it can do on the track. So glad I had the powerflex bushes done at same time too - feels spot on!! So much confidence round the twists now :D

I'm just waiting for my Jabba heatshield to come and then the Jetex is going back on. I'll miss the rumble noise from my BMC CDA but the logs I did with Jetex have been the best so far. I don't think heat into the air filter is such a big issue, its the intercoolers that are important.

I've never heard anything about the ITG Maxogen so really can't comment.

Thats cool mate. I tried having a look for the price of the JabbaSport heatshield on it's own but i can only find the induction kit pack. :confused: How much would the shield be on it's own.

I have been looking at BMC filters too mate the ones with the carbon fibre housing they look cool but i dnt want to have to take out a fog light or put a air induction trumpet in the vent for the air intake pipe to go into the BMC carbon housing. i dnt know if you had to do that with your mate?

No you don't hear much about ITG Maxogen filters, not many reviews around. I only thought they were good because like I said my mate who's gt green focus RS has got his RS up to 385 at present mate :). A ITG Maxogen filter being one of his mods after trying a BMC filter prior to it.

You have msn buddy?

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
Thats cool mate. I tried having a look for the price of the JabbaSport heatshield on it's own but i can only find the induction kit pack. :confused: How much would the shield be on it's own.

I have been looking at BMC filters too mate the ones with the carbon fibre housing they look cool but i dnt want to have to take out a fog light or put a air induction trumpet in the vent for the air intake pipe to go into the BMC carbon housing. i dnt know if you had to do that with your mate?

No you don't hear much about ITG Maxogen filters, not many reviews around. I only thought they were good because like I said my mate who's gt green focus RS has got his RS up to 385 at present mate :). A ITG Maxogen filter being one of his mods after trying a BMC filter prior to it.

You have msn buddy?

The jabbasport heatshields are £65. Not cheap but does a good job at holding the open cones in place.

I have a BMC CDA for sale if your interested? I never did the trumpet so its still sat in the box unused. I just hooked the standard trumpet upto the BMC CDA for cold air.

I bet ur m8's focus rs is a lot of fun!!!! :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members