Come on Cordy drivers!

n31l

May 18, 2010
heh thanks, only had it a week and already the exhaust is blowing, right back on to the dealer, who then said that they would only pay half for the repair as it wasnt under warrentee which is a bit crappy! but thanks for the welcome, ill get pix up asap, just need to get my post count up! joy

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
well lads! just wanto say hello! im after buyin a cordoba cupra 20vt (AYP). but to my luck the actuator has givin up1. i ordered an adjustable one off forge, and boost controller and just wan2 no wats the max boost i can run witout blowin it. i dont no wat turbo is on it doesn look like a k03s.

cheers!
edi

You don't say where you are but I'm assuming not in the UK if you're getting a cupra... Jealous... Naaaaa...

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
heh thanks, only had it a week and already the exhaust is blowing, right back on to the dealer, who then said that they would only pay half for the repair as it wasnt under warrentee which is a bit crappy! but thanks for the welcome, ill get pix up asap, just need to get my post count up! joy

If you paid 2k for it then I'd insist on a full new exhaust because they certainly made some cash on it.

n31l

May 18, 2010
yeah i spose we got robbed a bit maybe, but the 206 we traded in needed lots of work done to it! for example, new front wish bone £60, engine rebuild atleast £400, new breath pipe £10, new rear suspension arm godknows how much new ABS sensor £100, and these are the things that we know of! so wasnt toooooo bad.

have found somewhere that will replace the part for £60 fitted, i thought seats were more expencive! but not complaining. they said they will front half the bill and cba with any hassle!
think this is a good deal?

neil

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
yeah i spose we got robbed a bit maybe, but the 206 we traded in needed lots of work done to it! for example, new front wish bone £60, engine rebuild atleast £400, new breath pipe £10, new rear suspension arm godknows how much new ABS sensor £100, and these are the things that we know of! so wasnt toooooo bad.

have found somewhere that will replace the part for £60 fitted, i thought seats were more expencive! but not complaining. they said they will front half the bill and cba with any hassle!
think this is a good deal?

neil

What part are they talking about replacing?

n31l

May 18, 2010
The middle section. I thought this was a Better deal than one place quoted £102 fitted!
They wanted £53 for the part!
What ya think. Am in the Lowestoft area and need it done by next Friday as going to butlins! Woop

felt like i have been neglecting her past couple of months, didnt give her a wash for AGES!!

so last weekend gave her a good wash and polish and last night treated her to a pipercross kit..

4626730092_1410f8832a_b.jpg

4626732970_4c369515c7_b.jpg

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Ill just post up everything I have left of my old cordy (going back a few years now!)
Apologies to 56kers in advance, Mine was the black one through all manner of mods and the others some will remember from here too.
cordheadstart.jpg

bay1.jpg

3CORDS.jpg

GTEVOR1.jpg

brunty2.jpg

WOOOOO4.jpg

CORDYS1.jpg

100_0840.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

sportstek7.jpg

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
Dude! Treats!! Thanks. Theres a lotta history there? Miss her?

Yea I do as a rtack day car, the 16v is/was quicler through the corners, but the 20vt was just that step ahead on the straights.
Lovely car to drive but loved gearboxes and after the timing belt went then the tappets, it was time to fix and trade in, I moved onto a brand new Cupra (back on 04) and loved it too bar the wet rear footwell widely known issue. It did the odd quarter mile and burst against supposedly faster cars but traded her in last year against a 4.6 v8 X5 for the missus. In the meantime I drove a newshape 170bhp VRS octavia TDI and changed jobs back in November so it went with the job.
Bought this back in November
sidebefore.jpg

And over the last fortnight gathered some parts and did this to it......

wrxccskirts.jpg

1e944739.jpg

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
A gent to the end pete!
Strange that it didnt flare up on the run down to the hotel though or earlier in the day. I have to say that the blowout on the S's at the top of the track were more unsettling as I'd been tustling with the mk2 for quite a few laps then flooring it round onto the back straight their passenger pointed to my driverside front wheel as I hadnt noticed straight off as the weight of the car was on the left hand side.
Good Times!

Last edited:

FROWNYFACE

Hey, I'm curious if anyone knows any websites i would be able to find cordy body kits, coz my one's standard kit is stuffed, and i thought, why bother buying a new standard, when i could get a not-too-bad kit for it, so any websites that ship to Aus?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.