central locking gone nuts !

mark smith

"take it or leave it !"
Oct 28, 2007
westbury !
When locking the car everything seems fine, when unlocking, i press the unlock button once and the drivers door unlocks (okay) On the second press the other doors don't unlock, (they will unlock from the button inside the car) If i start the car and start to move off the alarm then sounds ! I need to key off then press the unlock button to stop it. any ideas ? ( it's a 2004 LCR) Cheers.

MooMan259

snap

Hey mark i got the same problem im going to test some stuff tomomrow, i know my battery is dieing in my car so im going down to that but its a long shot, or its the key battery maybe.

MooMan259

fixed!

If any one is having this problem i found that if you disconnect your battery and let your car reset, then you should be able to unlock all doors again, this is how i did it hope it helps

mr Moo :D

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
C/locking

Hi m8 never heard of disconectin battry 2 reset!!!mine locks ok unlocks 90% of the time other 10% all but drivers door unlock looked on vw vortex but not sure how 2 take c/module off:confused:!but as it always unlocks with key guess i'll leave it dont fancy takin all door apart.:headhurt:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
central convenience/control unit.
expensive,but can be DIY'd, the one under the dash can be got at by removing the fuse box and the cover under the steering column.

looks like this,though part numbers vary slightly.
stuff008.jpg

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
central locking

hi an update on my c/lockin probs :confused::headhurt:it seems weather related all summer:lol:(warm&dry anyway)been behavin unlockin all as it should now weather's turned wet again it's playin up again dont fancy removin door trim as i've read on here can lead 2 water leaks(just cured one dont want no more)

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
central l.ocking

hi m8 no not bulkhead leak as i've checked all joins as last time drivers footwell was gettin wet finaly tracked down 2 that plastic cover where wirig enters engine bay!!!

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
Hi peeps an update on my c/lockin:) since my last post/rant i've took lower dashboard off 2 acess control module DROWNDED cont module conections in wd40 smeared gasket goo on back of conecters & painted whole lot wire&control module in waxoyl&all seems 2 b workin as it should!!!(4 now!!!:lol:)

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
wheres the battery reset?

No special way of doing it from within the cabin, just disconnect one terminal from the battery manually and leave for a while (left mine a few hours as I knew I wasn't going anywhere, but in reality think it can be much shorter) and all should be fine. Worked for me when driver door remote unlock worked but the double press didn't.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise